Author Topic: Brandon's Book Tour  (Read 22210 times)

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's Book Tour
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 01:11:11 AM »
I'm gonna join and then post like I haven't finished reading MB1 yet. I'll be all like "I can't wait to see how Kelsier grows as a character throughout the series because he is my favorite character." and "I wonder if Vin will ever find Reen again. Maybe he'll show up in book 3, turn out to be a Mistborn too and together they overthrow the Lord Ruler."
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2008, 02:08:03 AM »
Your twisted. Really though, most of them seem to be hard core WoT fans. I mean thats how I found this site but thiers is so new its hard to get interested in the conversation. Its all like "Hi my name is" and"What do you do?" type talking between like 20 people. I almost want to go there and ask about how they think Allomancy started or what Hermology does. But I feel that I can't. They also have a thread where people show pictures of themselves. Honestly I don't know what I think about that but I guess I'll find out.

Should be interesting.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 07:24:38 AM »
This is the first independently created Brandon fansite as far as I'm aware. I do think it looks good, and yeah, it was pretty obvious it was a lot of WoT people...mostly from Tar Valon. I think a lot of them were...well...at Dragon*Con, where roomfuls of people were reading Mistborn all weekend.

Well, I've now read every thread there. There aren't that many...

I made a post over there that has some info you probably have not heard before.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:47:55 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
Yeah, I've read for a while, and it's interesting to see how they start out. I joined, but my email server seems to be down at the moment, so I can't post. I'm going to have difficulty not posting just about every theory we've ever come up with over here just so I can look like a genius.

And ook, it's not very nice to tell us you made a post with info we hadn't heard before, then not link it or at least tell us where it is.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »
I found where it is. It wasn't all that informative, Ookla just talked about what he did for a living. I sort of already knew that to begin with, though.

I'm debating whether I should join. I want to see what they will come up with on their own without our influence.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2008, 07:22:13 PM »
Yeah, should be a little fun. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it. They already have a couple of threads on hemalurgy and the origins of allomancy, so they get right to the bottom of things. Except that they are starting from level 0, as opposed to wherever we are, which only Brandon and those few cursed beings known as Alpha readers know.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
I'd imagine we are somewhere in between level 2 and level 2 million. Somewhere in that general range.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »
I was thinking 1-9,999,999 myself.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
I found where it is. It wasn't all that informative, Ookla just talked about what he did for a living. I sort of already knew that to begin with, though.
Not that post. :) The one in the "how did you find Mistborn" thread.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »
Not that post. :) The one in the "how did you find Mistborn" thread.

I thought you had posted a similar post here. I'll have to compare the two to figure out what is different and what information we can glean from it.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »
I have been going over there my self. I don' have a problem with being active with them. I don't quite think that they are ready to start theorizing like us quite yet but its nice to be able to help them out with their questions..
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:03 AM »
I don't know....The one guy already said he wants to add our hemalurgy thread to their wiki, and I linked them to the reference thread. They seem pretty into it.

ArtGuyJoe

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Hello everyone.

My name is Joe Trimarchi and I am one of the Admins over at Mistborn Empire.  Thank you to those of you who have signed up!

Our site is, of course, VERY new.  We expect to have our growing pains, but we do welcome you all to post there, if you like.  We have no intention of "stealing" folks away from here as this is OBVIOUSLY the place for long time Sanderson Fans.  I myself just finished WoA last night.  Simply a great read.

Yes, a lot of us are WoT fans, but that is to be expected, with his work on A Memory of Light.  Many of us were used to having a certain type of site and when we didn't find it, we simply made our own.  We wanted a site that offered the things we were used to (RP, Book based communities, achievements for advancing, ETC).  I don't see us actaully competing with this site as we are just simply a different type of site that attracts a certain type of person :D

A number of us (The Admins) took Brandon to dinner during DragonCon and we simply found him to be one of the most down to earth men we have ever met.  I myself had the opportunity to have Brandon sign my Mistborn book with a saying that helps me create Fan Art. 

I hope, going forward, that all of us can get together online and in forums and discuss HoA after its release.   :D

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 02:53:32 AM »
Thanks Joe, good to hear more on why you guys started up. Myself, I've only posted a couple of times over there and am already enjoying your site immensely.

And after Hero of Ages is released, we're all going to have the biggest I told you so party ever... At least, until AMoL comes out.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 03:07:30 AM »
It's less than a month away before Provo!!!! Wooo!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。