Author Topic: The Comprehensive Kandra Thread  (Read 13618 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: The Comprehensive Kandra Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
I think that the Blessing of Presence being Preservation makes a lot of sense. I also look forward eagerly to the day that Ookla's mysteriousness vanishes and the rest of us know as much about book 3 as he does.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 01:00:16 AM »
I think that the Blessing of Presence being Preservation makes a lot of sense. I also look forward eagerly to the day that Ookla's mysteriousness vanishes and the rest of us know as much about book 3 as he does.

Yeah. That'll be a great day, until a book that isn't Warbreaker comes out--I'm thinking Way of Kings. I'm sure he'll lord that one over us when we begin theorizing about sequels for that series.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 01:17:35 AM »
Not even until the sequels come out. If I had to guess, before the first one, we'll be theorizing about general plot based on random tidbits we hear.

Besides, there's always Alcatraz....
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2008, 01:55:39 AM »
Oh, there's always another secret. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2008, 02:36:56 AM »
I haven't read Alcatraz yet... Wait, Dang it! That's a perfect thing to add to my birthday list!

Curse you, Ookla, curse you. Lol.

EDIT: Curse these annotations, too. They are too addicting.

Anyways, here's a nice MB1 annotation that's about TenSoon, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Quote from: MB1 Annotation Chapter 28
Oh, and TenSoon makes a cameo in this chapter. This will only mean something to you if you've read the third book.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:21:39 AM by Chaos2651 »

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2008, 03:31:49 AM »
Well firstly, that means that TenSoon was not originally in Book 2.

Alcatraz....Read it. Now. Don't wait for your birthday. Just buy it. Trust me. You won't regret it. (Unless your birthday is within a month... then I'd wait and get it free)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 04:04:55 AM »
It's October 30th, that's the only reason why I mentioned it--it's close enough to 30 days. Besides, at Montana State University, it's family weekend on ...I think it's the 16-17th, but all I know is it's the weekend after MB3 comes out. My mom and stepdad are going to come down and visit, and so we'll celebrate my birthday. So, in that sense, I would get the presents before 30 days. Even better :D

I was telling my mom that "The best book ever comes out on October 14th" (I do this to practically all of my friends now. If they don't know what happens on October 14th, obviously they haven't been listening. Can you tell I'm hyped up?), and she said, "Oh, then that would be something to put on your birthday list?" And so then I just laugh and respond, "No, that's one of those buy-immediately-with-one-day-shipping things." So, she doesn't get to give me MB3, but Alcatraz works just as well.

Which reminds me, I need to finish MB3 in the span of 3-4 days. With classes, that could be hard, but heck, I will make it work. To me, this book means more than HP7, and I had that book done in 1.5 days. I should be fine.

Anyways, Kandra.

I'll make a note of this when I reread MB1 in anticipation for MB3, because I need to get hyped up even more. Lol.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »
I think that's just a mistake in the annotation and it should read "second book." TenSoon was always in the second book.

And the second Alcatraz book comes out November 1st, but Scholastic doesn't seem to care about release dates so it will probably be out earlier. The first Alcatraz book hit shelves over a month early.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »
I think that's just a mistake in the annotation and it should read "second book." TenSoon was always in the second book.

And the second Alcatraz book comes out November 1st, but Scholastic doesn't seem to care about release dates so it will probably be out earlier. The first Alcatraz book hit shelves over a month early.

Stupid Tor wanting to uphold its schedule... 'nuff said.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2008, 05:17:10 AM »
That being said, I won't complain if Alcatraz 2 is released early. And Tor really could release MB3 early and that would be just fine with me.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2008, 05:19:12 AM »
It would be far more than fine with me. It would be, like, making me want to jump up and down like a giddy fanboy.

Anyways! We're off topic! Kandra! Kandra! Talk about Kandra!

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2008, 05:59:56 AM »
It's fun to note that section of the book points out that Ten Soon was the family Kandra. Not just Zane's. Ten Soon knew Elend before all his time with Vin, even if only superfluously.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2008, 06:03:22 AM »
...Well, obviously.

I may have forgotten that fact for a moment, but yeah, that makes a lot of sense and makes me convinced that Ookla is right: the annotation really meant "book two".