Author Topic: Kwaan and the Inquistors  (Read 8582 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Kwaan and the Inquistors
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 04:12:54 AM »

I thought that Kwaan says something about the Ruin being able to change information on paper as well as those stored in the metal minds??? I should go back and make sure though.

Ruin can change information on paper, as well as in metalminds. This is why the steel plate remains the same, while the rubbing (and metalmind rubbing) and the translations are changed.

However, Does hemulurgy(i think is spelled it wrong) grant the person who undergoes it allomantic powers? It does, i mean it must. Marsh confirms that. So hemulurgy, that metal Vin finds in the end of the second book, and TLR, those are the three ways...

Where'd you get the idea that it must grant allomantic abilities? It's just as plausible that the Inquisitors eat Elend's metal and get allomancy from there. We do, however, know that inquisitors do use allomancy.

And it's hemalurgy. So you were close, but not quite.

Kwaan could have hemulurged himself(lol im ravaging the word)in fear of the Ruin altering what he knew...

The word you are looking for here is "hemalurgified." Also, he wouldn't have done that unless he thought it would prevent Ruin from altering what he knew. There are two options here. Either a) hemalurgy was already around, in which case Kwaan would likely know that becoming a hemalurgist wouldn't help him, or b) hemalurgy wasn't already around, and Kwaan wouldn't know enough about it to risk it unless he was desperate and had some idea of what it might do (or thought he did). But it's a good thought.

Whether Hemalurgy actually grants Allomantic powers is in question, but I'm with Andrew on this one (or he agrees with me on this point. I forget which one of us spearheads a particular theory, considering they almost invariably are identical). However, it is very likely that Inquisitors use Allomancy, and not just some Hemalurgical thing that grants them an imitation power of Allomancy.

Andrew, you need to get on MSN sometime so we can discuss how to refine the Hemalurgy theory into a final-ish form before MB3 comes out. It's just something we need to do :P

----

Kwaan could have turned into an Inquisitor after the Ascension. After all, we really don't know what happened with him.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 05:19:56 AM »
Andrew, you need to get on MSN sometime so we can discuss how to refine the Hemalurgy theory into a final-ish form before MB3 comes out. It's just something we need to do.

Sorry, I don't get on all that often. I'll try to hop on tomorrow night around 8-ish. But yes, that definitely needs to happen.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 05:30:28 AM »
You are just a slacker that way. I'm on virtually all the time. So, if anyone wants to IM me, they can! I don't bite! Much! I have AIM, YIM, and MSN, so whichever client you use, I'm on it. Just log on and say hi. All of them are just "chaos2651" (the MSN one is "[email protected]"), so if you can remember my handle at all, you immediately know all my IM names.

Honestly, there's no reason why you can't just say hi to me other than if you never IM. I'll IM with anyone virtually any time, even if I'm working on something. I like distractions.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 06:04:37 AM »
I believe it's mentioned that Inquisitors have shorter life spans... Just a note. Of thought.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »
I believe it's mentioned that Inquisitors have shorter life spans... Just a note. Of thought.

Really? Is that an annotation or in-text reference?

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
I actually seem to remember it too, as an in-text reference. I'll see if I can find it.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
I actually seem to remember it too, as an in-text reference. I'll see if I can find it.

Well, you don't have to. Before October 14th I'm doing a reread of MB1 and 2. I should be able to find it in there.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 03:00:48 AM »
Ahh, but you see... Like you, I enjoy being distracted from the things I should be doing. So it's much more fun to go looking for references than to do US History.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »
Ummm, I didn't get that at all.  I thought their lives were extended quite a bit.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
I was thinking the same as darxbane - that Inquisitors live longer than normal people.  I guess someone needs to find an actual reference, so we can settle this.
He ate my horse.