Author Topic: What would YOU like to see on the warbreaker cover?  (Read 6551 times)

Korda

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • renderosity gallery
What would YOU like to see on the warbreaker cover?
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:50:11 AM »
So I'm planning on making a cover image for Warbreaker. I'm still unsure on what I am actually going to do for it though. So far I am thinking of either; Vasher with his awakened clothing, something to do with Lightsong -the true hero of the story- or something a bit more abstract such as Austere's eyes with rainbow coloured irises.

What are your thoughts? What would you  like to see on the cover of this great story when it is published next year?
Wisdom cannot be found in a single sentence...

...You need at least two.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What would YOU like to see on the warbreaker cover?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
I would like to see a young lady (or Vasher in drag) with her dress spread out on the floor, looking over her shoulder with just a hint of a colorful ribbon of breath escaping her lips. She doesn't really need to have a backdrop, so you could just leave it black but to really draw attention, maybe put a sword laying on her lap/dress. For dramatic effect, her hair could be blowing like she had a fan aimed at her.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:21:20 AM »
(or Vasher in drag)
Uhm, I think I would have to like get it made really really big and make a poster to put on my wall.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

LeisureSuitLarry

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:16:03 AM »
Hasn't the cover already been decided? I'm sure I saw a time lapsed video of the artist creating it. I thought it was Vivenna with some Breath coming out of her mouth, or something like that.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
Korda is making his own cover. Not the official cover. VegasDev's joke was funny though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:52:19 AM »
I def think that you should go with Vegas' suggestion. ha ha.

It was Siri on the cover ne?(WE REALLY need an English equivalent to ne that doesn't sound stupid.)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Korda

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • renderosity gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 07:56:27 AM »
It would be cool to have my cover be the official one but yeah this is mostly just for a folio piece and good practice for when I finally decide to start the fantasy art book im planning on doing
Wisdom cannot be found in a single sentence...

...You need at least two.

LeisureSuitLarry

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:18:13 AM »
Korda is making his own cover. Not the official cover. VegasDev's joke was funny though.

Sadly, I have to admit that I didn't read the other replies before mine until you pointed out VegasDev's joke. I'm sure I would have recognized the description.

Chunky Monkey Sr.

• Level 2
  • Government is not reason,or eloquence, it is force
    • View Profile
    • The Junk Folder
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:39:51 AM »
Ok...terribly sorry because I know that this is borderline unforgivable to rez a thread this old...but I just had to throw in my suggestion (even if the OP or other responders don't frequent anymore).

I think the cover should have one of the massive D'Denir statues, with Vasher hidden a bit in the shadows, his awakened clothing giving the hint of being animated.

Ok, so I know its a little hard to show animation in a still-frame piece...but that is why I am an aspiring writer and not an aspiring artist, Kolo?
Eagles may soar, but Penguins don't get sucked into Jet Engines.

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:08:28 AM »
I def think that you should go with Vegas' suggestion. ha ha.

It was Siri on the cover ne?(WE REALLY need an English equivalent to ne that doesn't sound stupid.)

You mean "no?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
(Sigh) when a thread has just been rezzed you could at least reply to the post that rezzed it, and not correct someone's english that has been there for almost a month...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
Did you just reply to me instead of the RP (rezzing poster)?   :o

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 12:22:05 AM »
Ok, I am not even going to get into this. I have seen the threads where you went on a week-long arguing binge with miyabi over something pretty ridiculous.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »
I love the idea that chunky suggested.  I might add having a couple more of the characters doing something as well since Vasher isn't a promanant character for the first half of the book.  Still, I really like the idea, and I'd love to see it done.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:38:15 AM by firstRainbowRose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 07:01:35 AM »
Ok, I am not even going to get into this. I have seen the threads where you went on a week-long arguing binge with miyabi over something pretty ridiculous.

First of all, helping a native English speaker learn English is never ridiculous.

Second.  He made a wish/request as to a word in Engish that might be used instead of the Japanese question participle "ne".  I asked if "no?" would remedy his wish. I was not correcting his English, as it wasn't English to begin with.  I was trying to provide an appropriate answer to his random parenthetical and if that is not good for you then *shrug* don't bother with it?