Author Topic: Anyone in the LA area willing to mail me their book for loan?  (Read 14588 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone in the LA area willing to mail me their book for loan?
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »
Of either Alantis or Mistborn #2?

Or give me their book?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in the LA area willing to mail me their book for loan?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:31:27 PM »
It's called 'Elantris.'  There are these things that loan you books.  Considering you're near LA I would imagine there are a large number of them.  The best part. . . THEIR FREE and you don't have to wait for someone to reply in order to get it! :o
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
It's called 'Elantris.'  There are these things that loan you books.  Considering you're near LA I would imagine there are a large number of them.  The best part. . . THEIR FREE and you don't have to wait for someone to reply in order to get it! :o

hmm...what could it be...no, don't tell me, I've almost got it...
El...La...Lib...nah, I've lost it.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
But I don't want to drive to a bookstore...

jjb

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »
Maybe you can ride a bike to a library, then.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »
Library! That's the one!
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »
Who said anything about going to a library?  I mean don't libraries let just about any person in?  Think about the germs of books that tens of people tough?!   :o

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »
Oh darn, I could have sent you mine but I read it while wearing my birthday suit and eating jello, so it definately has too many germs for you.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:01 PM »
So then buy a little tube of hand sanitizer and use it every time you put the book down before you do anything else.

Or better you could go buy a brand new copy.  You could even buy it off of Amazon for cheap, then you wouldn't even have to drive to the book store, they'd send it right to your house.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Who said anything about going to a library?  I mean don't libraries let just about any person in?  Think about the germs of books that tens of people tough?!   :o

Well, then you better not go buy anything ever. Machines put things into boxes, which are then shipped out. Those machines certainly have germs on them, as do the boxes.

Dust has germs. Food has germs. When the checker at a checkstand scans anything and puts it in the bag, I'm sure her hands have germs. And the stockers who put things on the shelf in the first place, too. The bags, of course, have germs. The toilet seat has germs every time you sit on it, because your skin has germs.

Speaking of that, did you know that most keyboards have more germs on it than a toilet seat? So, in essence, you are typing on something that probably has more germs on it than any book from a library (libraries aren't as dirty as toilets).

For your future reference, other things with germs: Your face, your silverware, the handle for your door (when was the last time you disinfected that, hm! Oh, that's right, never.), the on button for your computer, your TV remote, your Xbox 360 controllers, your comb, your keys, your credit card, your clothes (no matter how much you wash them) and, let's not forget your Kindle that you are so in love with.

The point is, fear of germs is stupid. Sorry if I offend people for saying that, but it is just silliness. Everything, every single thing has germs! And the hilarious part is we aren't all dying from these germs because of this little thing called the "immune system". As long as you aren't eating and/or having sex with your library books, you are probably not going to get sick. Ever!

I'd be more worried about my TV remote if I were you.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Comatose
I would argue against there being germs everywhere if I were here, just to spark up conversation.
I miss Coma :'( . . . anyone know what happened to him?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:39:47 PM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 12:18:29 AM »
Who said anything about going to a library?  I mean don't libraries let just about any person in?  
This is the most offensive thing, seriously written, that I've ever read on this forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »
Who said anything about going to a library?  I mean don't libraries let just about any person in?  
This is the most offensive thing, seriously written, that I've ever read on this forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wow, I commented on the germs part without even realizing the horror of the other part.

I guess Utopia, that libraries just let everyone in to... uh, expand their mind so we aren't a society of ignoramuses.

In other words: please go to a library!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Relient A

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 02:36:57 AM »
I fail to see how borrowing the book off someone else improves the germ situation at all. But, at elast you didn't type the title of this thread in all caps.
The following Statement is True.
The Previous statement is False.
(bythe way, that's a self-reliant paradox)

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 03:48:16 AM »
I fail to see how borrowing the book off someone else improves the germ situation at all. But, at elast you didn't type the title of this thread in all caps.
There's hope yet!
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!