Author Topic: Win a copy of Mistborn 3!!!!!!  (Read 1460 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Win a copy of Mistborn 3!!!!!!
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:15:42 AM »
As per Brandon's Latest Blog Post Pat's Fantasy Hotlist  will be giving away 3 copies of mistborn 3. I already entered. See page for details. Or I'll just give them to you.
Quote from: Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
Thanks to the generosity of the folks at Tor Books, I have three copies of Brandon Sanderson's The Hero of Ages for you to win! For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "HERO." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!;-)

Just thought those of you who haven't entered and don't check Brandon's site every day might like to know.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Win a copy of Mistborn 3!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »
Unfortunately, I am paranoid like Vin. There's no way I am giving my name, shipping and email addresses to someone I don't know....wait, when will the books be sent out again?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:36:21 AM »
....wait, when will the books be sent out again?

That's my question too.  If they have them NOW . . . .

EDIT:  I just read EUOL's blog. . . they won't be given away until after the release. :/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:46:41 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »
Actually, in the post, he says he doesn't know. They may be given away after the release, or they may be Advance Reader Copies (meaning they would be sent out now). So I entered anyway.

Unfortunately, I am paranoid like Vin. There's no way I am giving my name, shipping and email addresses to someone I don't know....wait, when will the books be sent out again?

I actually am usually quite paranoid too, but I figured it was worth it. Besides, I've done these before under a different email that I have for the purpose of sending things to people if there's a chance I might get spam. I haven't had a problem with this particular site yet.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
I actually am usually quite paranoid too, but I figured it was worth it. Besides, I've done these before under a different email that I have for the purpose of sending things to people if there's a chance I might get spam. I haven't had a problem with this particular site yet.

I could care less about giving my email address away and receiving spam, I have about 20 email addresses with specific purposes and high level of spam prevention. What worries me is leaving such a big digital fingerprint that may or may not be secure. People don't realize how easy it is, even for the average joe, to find information about someone and trace it back to real life or vis a vis.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.