Author Topic: Some random fun  (Read 1937 times)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Some random fun
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:21:36 AM »
Ok, so I just shifted through 24 pages of prior topics and couldn't find one for a dream cast for an Elantris movie. I did find the April Fool's Mistborn movie one, and the "dream cast" for Mistborn, but not for Elantris, so I figured I'd post it here for fun. :) I'll throw in a few of my own thoughts, although they're probably not even remotely plausible. :P (keep in mind, I'm just going off of the book cover since my memory of the actual book descriptions of the characters is a bit fuzzy.)

Sarene

Charlotte Sullivan

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1306432256/nm0838000

Hrathen

Rodney Rowland

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4134575360/nm0746737

Ashe (Voice Actor)

Mia Farrow

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001201/

Just my two cents. I can't really think of anyone for Raoden, mainly because I always have trouble picturing him. /shrug
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:24:25 AM by CthulhuKefka »

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Some random fun
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:32:10 AM »
Raoden - Johnny Depp

He could make SUCH an amazing character.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
Having just watched The Last Unicorn with my kids, I give a big resounding "NO" to Mia Farrow. She makes me shudder.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 03:22:19 AM »
Hmmm, I recant my statement about Mia Farrow, because at the moment, I cannot remember if Ashe's voice was a woman or a man. I vaguely remember it mentioning it was "deep sounding." I'd look it up., but I lent my copy to a friend (just spreading Mr. Sanderson's works around :) ).

I actually like Mia's voice acting in Last Unicorn, it was the first thing I thought of. Kind of had an elderly knowledgeable quality, but still retaining an air of whimsical fantasy. Although the point is moot if Ashe does indeed have a male voice.  ;)

As for Galladon, how about a bald Oded Fehr?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3712588032/nm0004912

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 03:24:45 AM »
I was also under the impression taht Ashe was a 'male' if there was such a thing when it comes to Seon.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 07:16:48 AM »
I know there isn't a whole lot of information about the Seons, but from what I gathered, they could be incredibly old. Since they are passed down, it is possible they can exist for quite some time, but there's just not enough information about them to make a definitive judgment.

If they are incredibly long lived, I think it would be prudent to have a voice actor of extraordinary caliber that is able to convey that. I just can't think of anyone off the top of my head.  ;D

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 07:20:09 AM »
Ashe - Morgan Freeman
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:49:06 AM »
Haha that is usually the go-to response for voice actors/voice overs. Morgan Freeman in "The Narrator" comes to mind.  ;)

Darn, my mind is consumed by thoughts of casting someone for Ashe now. The rest of the cast is in the back of my mind, because they can be chosen based off of physical appearances and how well they look like a character. But a voice actor for a Seon....now that's a brain burner.  :D

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »
Decent list so far, although I was under the impression that Galladon was of a different skin color due to Euol describing him as so visually different. Also I would not watch the movie if Jonny Depp was involved, with he is a good actor there isn't a part for him in this. "Fear and Loathing" "Blow" "Caribbean" and so on. He's never the typical leader character.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:35:34 AM »
Did you ever see From Hell?  He does AMAZING at playing a "normal" lead character. ha ha.  I think he would do Raoden much justice as his character.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rain_Storm

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
I think Johnny Depp would be a great Roaden! However, if the movie was actually made it would probably cast a lot of unknown actors.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
Most likely, maybe one or two well known actors, but not anyone near as expensive as Johnny.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。