Do Mormons tick you off?

YES
3 (23.1%)
NO
5 (38.5%)
SOMETIMES
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Do Mormons tick you off?  (Read 3958 times)

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
Re: Do Mormons tick you off?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »
I have been ticked off by a Mormon before. Its not a common occurrance, but I'm not easiliy ticked off either. I've been ticked off by far more non-Mormons than Mormons, though that could be a question of numbers. :D

Though, as a Mormon myself (and a human being), I'm sure I've ticked people off too

So, basically, Mormons are human and humans are quite capable of ticking off other humans from time to time. It happens, don't dwell on it. ;)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »
Well, I'm not a Mormon (am Agnostic), but I haven't had any hostile encounters on this board with anyone yet (and I don't think I will :))

To be honest, I didn't know much about the Mormon religion until I served with a member of the LDS church when I was in the military. Him and I definitely had some awesome religious debates and he was more than kind enough to fill me in on my lack of knowledge about Mormonism. He even bought our division the Mormon for Dummies book, although I much rather preferred talking to him straight about it.

All in all, I think Mormonism is like all other religions in the sense that there's always some bad apples, but generally filled with nice people.

Just my two cents.  :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »
I dunno have you ever met any Roman Catholics? I've lived with them and been one my whole life and I have to say when it comes to religion we tend to feel bad, its kinda based on the fact that we all sin all the time and we are always trying to ask forgiveness for it. I dunno, I've know a few Mormons in my time and they tend to be generally normal people with the same radical religion we all have. I say the same because they are all radically insane sometimes.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 10:46:34 PM »
Whereas this thread is already extremely politically incorrect I may as well put my two cents in on something else.

Mormon Missionaries = tolerable.

They will talk to you about other stuff if you ask them to not talk about religion, they chill out and talk about whatever else and can become something to look forward to every week.

Jahova's Witness Missionaries = uhm, yeah.

They DON'T let up and come back EVEN if you tell them you aren't interested.  They basically REFUSE to talk anything other than religion.

So, whereas I'm not Mormon, you should all think about other things before you criticize just one.  If you are going to criticize one, criticize them all.

Yes I understand this was semi-hypocritical, BUT I didn't want to make some complaint about EVERY religion in my little rant, just making the point that it should be "Does religion/or lack there of piss you off?" and not just specified to Mormons.  I personally don't agree with the religion, but many of my friends are Mormon.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。