Author Topic: Anyone else think Warbreaker is better than Mistborn #1?  (Read 2699 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone else think Warbreaker is better than Mistborn #1?
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:20:49 AM »
Well?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else think Warbreaker is better than Mistborn #1?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:19:55 AM »
Generally when you would post a topic like this you would post it as a poll so that you could get results easily and see a general consensus.  Oh well.

I'm only a few chapters in because I've been busy with moving and getting college started, but I really like it so far.  I think Mistborn caught my attention a lot quicker though.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »
I think both are equally good book.

However I prefer MB1 because it has more action. The story in Warbreaker is interesting and I was hooked on the story quickly but Warbreaker is a more traditional Fantasy book. I like that MB1 is different. It combines many different thing together. Anyways, Warbreaker is still being reviewed and edited, I think so it will continue to improve until it is released, so maybe when I buy the book I may like the changes that are made and change my opinion

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:16:40 PM »
I prefer Mistborn as i enjoy the world far more than in Warbreaker.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
I think I liked the ending.  Althought some of the dialogue is not so good, all of the time (at least the version I read).  I mean do people say "hangover" back in the day?  Yes, I got into Mistborn #1 more quickly.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:44 PM »
It's a fantasy world.  For all we know they could really be saying.  'I got the shnorganucks from all the drinking I did last nigh,' but Brandon translated that ostentatious word for us.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:27 PM »
It's a fantasy world.  For all we know they could really be saying.  'I got the shnorganucks from all the drinking I did last nigh,' but Brandon translated that ostentatious word for us.
Please refrain from posting in any of the topics I start from now on.  You are banned from my topics, ok?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
I'll speak when I chose to speak.  I don't see what I said wrong here.  :/

Whatev, I'm out.

BTW you have no right to tell me where I can and can't post.  You don't like me, ignore me.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:26 PM »
I'll speak when I chose to speak.  I don't see what I said wrong here.  :/

Whatev, I'm out.

BTW you have no right to tell me where I can and can't post.  You don't like me, ignore me.

Yes, I do.  It's called freedom of speech?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »
This coming from the child who just told me to not talk on his threads. HA HA HA  :D  ::)

I'm not gonna argue with you though.  I've been here A LOT longer than you, or a lot of people have been.  I have just as much right to  post on a thread as anyone else.

There wasn't even anything WRONG with what I said.  Orson Scott Card said the same thing in the forward to his book Ender's Game  He said something along the lines of, "You will notice that the characters in this world use vernaculars we see every day in English.  This isn't because they are the words they would use, it just makes it easier for you as the reader to understand."
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
There is nothing wrong with people expressing their ideas on any post. Thats kinda the idea behind a forum, people you wouldnt normally talk to meet and discuss things of mutual interest. If someone doesnt like your opinion then take the criticism and drive on dont get all possesive. Dont get me wrong I dont alwayse agree with miyabi or alot of the other users but their opinion is as important as yours and you dont have any right to express your feelings and not allow them to do the same.
You tend to start alot of topics so you cant expect everyone to agree with you and you also cant decide who can and cant post in "your" threads seeing how its not "your" forum. Lets all just talk about what were here to talk about.

Also I dissagree MB was awsome, not to cut down Warbreaker but I still havnt finished it and I had a hard time putting MB down once I started.

"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:48 AM »
For a while I was trying to figure out if UtopiaGreen01 was actually Brandon in disguise (since he's been threatening to come in in disguise) or maybe Skar (since he's been so quick to respond a few times), but now I'm convinced he's just exactly what he seems to be.

We might be inclined to take UtopiaGreen01's (unenforceable) banning of miyabi as a signal to stop feeding the troll.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 06:12:51 AM »
For a while I was trying to figure out if UtopiaGreen01 was actually Brandon in disguise (since he's been threatening to come in in disguise) or maybe Skar (since he's been so quick to respond a few times), but now I'm convinced he's just exactly what he seems to be.

We might be inclined to take UtopiaGreen01's (unenforceable) banning of miyabi as a signal to stop feeding the troll.

I had the same two thoughts.  I discarded the first thought rather quickly though because after reading Brandon's blog and the posts that he's made here, I can't imagine him being this obvious in his trolling.  Of course, it could be Brandon demonstrating just how good an author he is by making us believe that the OP is playing with a little less than a full deck.  I'll have to admit, that I never suspected Skar.  I guess I'm too new around here to know the usual suspects.

And, sometimes feeding trolls is fun.