Author Topic: To pass the time: Buy/Sell  (Read 15556 times)

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
To pass the time: Buy/Sell
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:38:34 AM »
With Mistborn 3 seemingly forever from release, I thought it might be fun to play a little game of buy/sell. It has been played on countless forums so I am sure most have heard of the game, however for those that haven't the rules are as follows.

Each poster will quote and answer buy (agree) or sell (disagree) to a previous poster's statement, provide an explanation for their opinion and then posit their own statement. The more wild and out there the statement the better, which shouldn't be a problem with some on this board. Statements don't have to be something you believe true when you post them.

To keep things clean, please quote only the statement rather than the whole post.

Try to keep statements to a single sentence rather than a whole page.

Responding to someone else's explanation is frowned upon; respond instead to the same statement, providing your own explanation.

The thing I like about a game like this is it allows us to rehash old theories that we didn't want to rebump, discuss theories that we didn't feel deserved their own thread or theories that really don't fit anywhere else.

I will kick things off with a statement and then respond with a post showing the format. Please remember each post should contain a 'transaction', an explanation and a statement.

Buy or Sell?
The Kandra have been taking action to help their prophecy progress.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
Re: To pass the time: Buy/Sell
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:39:08 AM »
Buy or Sell?
The Kandra have been taking action to help their prophecy progress.

Buy
As far as I know the contract only states that they can not be forced to kill, but that doesn’t appear to prevent them from killing on their own and infiltrating ‘human’ society to help them with their self destruction. They probably even gave Kelsier a helping hand in the first place.

Buy or Sell?
Gemmel will make an appearance in MB3.
moustaches on the other.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »
Buy or Sell?
Gemmel will make an appearance in MB3.
Sell
Brandon said that Gemmel was going to appear in a prequel, and he wasn't going to get into that in MB3, I think he has enough without going into Kelsier's past.

Buy or Sell?
Spook gets a lady.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:58:26 AM »
Buy or Sell?
Spook gets a lady.

Buy. There's that one chick in the Preview chapter in the back of Final Empire. Although it might be kinda fun if she kills him or something.

Buy or Sell?
Ruin is actually a giant kitten on a quest to find the perfect cheese.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 03:50:56 AM »
Buy or Sell?
Ruin is actually a giant kitten on a quest to find the perfect cheese.

Definately buy.  It all makes sense now.

Buy or Sell?
Vin's eggo is prego?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 05:34:34 AM »
Buy or Sell?
Vin's eggo is prego?

Sell
I just don't see Brandon doing something like that; unless he kills off Elend but then Vin feels something moving when she burns tin. In a sequel, we'd find out it is actually Ruins.

Buy or Sell?
The reason nobility cannot have children as frequently is because after 1,000 years, they are just a bunch of inbreds.
moustaches on the other.

Rain_Storm

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:47:12 AM »
Ew....but, I'll buy it. Especially since the nobility  kill anyone who isn't noble that they've slept with.  There certainly isn't enough nobility out there to keep the gene surplus going for long!

Buy of Sell?
The Hero of Ages will die in order to save everyone.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:13:03 AM »
Buy of Sell?
The Hero of Ages will die in order to save everyone.

Sell, but only after a lot of debating.  I don't see this series having the super sappy twist at the end.  (Plus, it's kind of common of a thing to do (sacrafice yourself to save the world) and all the endings are NOT common.)

Buy or Sell?
The second trilogy of mistborn books will be set up to reflect the song and dance styles of major musicals/writers.  The first being Roger's and Hammerstien, the second Andrew Lloyd Webber, and the third The Sherman Brothers.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »
Buy or Sell?
The second trilogy of mistborn books will be set up to reflect the song and dance styles of major musicals/writers.  The first being Roger's and Hammerstien, the second Andrew Lloyd Webber, and the third The Sherman Brothers.
Buy.  What could be a more perfect setting for a musical?  Stage ash falling from the sky, red light throughout (unless in MB3 Vin fixes the sun), ominous hooded Inquisitors ... and can you imagine the fight sequences?  The best ballet dancers could simulate Mistborn, perhaps with a little help from invisible wires and pulleys, and their Mistcloaks would flutter through the air.  Plus I really want to hear Dox's singing voice.  (Oh wait, he's dead, isn't he?)

Buy or Sell?
Ruin the Kitten turns out to be lactose-intolerant and suffers a horrible reaction when he eats the cheese, which allows him to be imprisoned again.
He ate my horse.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
Buy or Sell?
Ruin the Kitten turns out to be lactose-intolerant and suffers a horrible reaction when he eats the cheese, which allows him to be imprisoned again.

Once again, Buy.  That's the only real explanation on why he want's to destroy the world.  And what else could be so cold hearted, cruel, and manipulative?

Buy or Sell?
Linday Lohan WILL star in a Mistborn Movie.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »
Buy or Sell?
Linday Lohan WILL star in a Mistborn Movie.

Definately buy! Didn't you read the preview on April 1st. I'm 100% positive that not only will she star in it but it will be her breakthrough performance! How can you lose with a mist-mini skirt?

Buy or Sell?
Not only is Elend the HoA but he also doubles as the force of ruin in a crazy splity personality revelation?
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »
Buy or Sell?
Not only is Elend the HoA but he also doubles as the force of ruin in a crazy splity personality revelation?
Sell.  There's already too much psychopathology going on with Zane.

Buy or Sell?
Vin's mother killed not only her sister, but also her dog.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »
Buy or Sell?
Vin's mother killed not only her sister, but also her dog.

Buy
They were one in the same; talk about a messed up family.

Buy or Sell?
Hangovers for Spook are now near fatal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:56:16 PM by VegasDev »
moustaches on the other.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
Buy or Sell?
Hangovers for Spook are now near fatal.
Buy.  On the other hand, he can taste the flavors of the wine so perfectly that it's a huge struggle not to drink too much.

Buy or Sell?
There is a non-hereditary way to acquire Feruchemy.
He ate my horse.

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »

[Buy or Sell?
There is a non-hereditary way to acquire Feruchemy.

Buy - The potion that Elend swallows might carry all three magic systems.

Buy or Sell?

Ruin and Preservation are really just the Lord Ruler and Kelsier that will be ressurected?