Author Topic: The Parchment  (Read 1457 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
The Parchment
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:32:52 PM »
Kelsier's wife had a Parchment which depicted what the world looked like before the HOA...or actually we dont know exactly if TLR ruined the world or the deepness before him--but still. Where did she get this? How did she know this?

theories anyone?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: The Parchment
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »
Care to provide a quote?
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »
i think he is referring to the sketch of the flower. And that is a very good question; obviously such a paper could not have survived a thousand years of wear and tear. The only characters we know of who have lived that long are:

a. -The Lord Ruler

b. -The Kandra

c. -the Mist Spirit

d. Ruin

e. Preservation

I don't know why any of them would be motivated to draw such a thing. In fact I doubt any of them did. And  how did it fall into Mare's hands? Any ideas?
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 04:51:32 AM »
The Lord Ruler kept a lot of things from pre-Ascension in the building-within-a-building. The picture of the flower could have come from there.

Also, isn't it odd that the Lord Ruler would keep a lot of that stuff? Sounds to me like he almost... regretted what he did :D. That's just an observation of mine to go with my new theory of the Lord Ruler.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »
I feel like the Lord Ruler, if you think about it hard enough, is a much more human character than he appears to be on the surface.  I think he meant to help, and in order to do so, he ended up doing something that hurt, but stopped whatever the problem was.  So, what ended up happening was a bittersweet solution.

As for the parchment, couldn't it be possible that Keepers have artists, who pass images from person to person, putting them on record as pieces of art and hiding them?  Perhaps she was given it by a keeper who needed to get rid of it.  Also, it could be possible it was taken from the Lord Ruler's palace by a guard who was desperate for a few boxings to try and bribe his family out of a death sentence, or something like that.  There are dozens of theoretical solutions--choose the one you'd like.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:21:31 AM »
I feel like the Lord Ruler, if you think about it hard enough, is a much more human character than he appears to be on the surface.  I think he meant to help, and in order to do so, he ended up doing something that hurt, but stopped whatever the problem was.  So, what ended up happening was a bittersweet solution.
I've said the same thing a dozen times over.  I totally agree with you.  Kind of like Hrathen from Elantris.  Trying to do good, but went about it the wrong way.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。