Author Topic: Nails, Grails, and Epic Fails  (Read 3486 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Nails, Grails, and Epic Fails
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
OK, a few random things to think about that don't really go in any of the other topics.  I don't think any of this was talked about, but it might have been before I became active again.  Or a time or two when I missed a few days and didn't read all of the topics. ha ha.

Nails - Sazed talks of nails that he found in the Koloss, but he never describes the metal they are actually made of. . . . Atium?  Malatium?

Grails - (Oops I translated grail wrong, it should be blood. xP)  So in the two Heroes we know about they share some things in common.  1)The could both use Hemalurgy.  2)They were both Allomancers.  3)They were Heroes.  What if the becoming of a Hero has to do with heredity?  Perhaps shortly after becoming the Hero Rashek had a child, which eventually lead, over a thousand years, to Vin?  That could explain her abnormally strong abilities with Allomancy.  Perhaps also giving her the potential of having unknown, yet, Feruchemical powers?  This could support my other theory in the. . . oh what thread was it. . . oh yeah. This one.  It would support a lot of the stuff I talk about in there. ha ha.

Epic Fails - I think that in order for Vin to gain the power she needs most in order to defeat Ruin . . . she is going to have to lose a lot.  Sazed?  Elend?  Both?  I'm not sure, but I think she will have to suffer in order to defeat Ruin.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Nails, Grails, and Epic Fails
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »
I believe there was a koloss topic a while back in which we discussed the nails, I'm not sure if we got into depth on that one.  And although Rashek may or may not have believed himself to be the hero, Alendi was the actual 'Hero of Ages,' at the time, even though they were misled by ruin.  I don't buy this blood thing, I don't think Rashek would have children, although that would support him being the hero of ages (the whole, no woman would keep him bit).
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
Oh wait.  I got all confuddled when typing.  What I meant to say was Alendi had a child shortly before he went on his quest to become the Hero.  That could be why Ruin tried so hard to get her to the Well, because she could release him?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:43:22 AM »
I don't think Alendi had a child either, although it is possible, it seems a little far fetched to me.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Coof

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
I don't see why its impossible that Alendi had a child it doesn't seem far fetched to me. Maybe Alendi didn't know about the child.
The theory that Miyabi talks about seems plausible to me, however it doesn't seem to me that the Mistborn world revolves too much around heredity except for the fact the Allomancy anf Feruchemy are passed down that way.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
And Alendi had no allomancy, so how would that makes sense, in less you're saying he's on her skaa side?  It's not impossible, but it does seem far-fetched at least to me anyways.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
I don't think there is any mention whether or not Alendi had any power at all. He might have had Allomantic powers.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:11:33 PM »
No, I think he would have mentioned that in his Logbook, and compared the pulses in his mind to allomancy like Vin did, but Kelsier says that Alendi makes no mention of allomancy in his logbook.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »
Maybe Alendi did not get pulses in his mind like Vin because Ruin realized that Alendi wouldn't what Ruin wanted and Ruin changed its tactics

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »
Alendi did get the pulses in his head, he mentioned it in his logbook. I dont think it is safe to say weather Alendi had any power or not. That period of time is such a haze its hard to say. Somehow Alendi amassed a following and was like a king so it is possible for him to have had powers but the lack of mention kinda makes me steer the other way about it.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
What if Alendi stopped feeling the pulses? It is unclear if that might be the case. Maybe Alendi stopped getting the pulses, or maybe Rashek got them as well, leading them to a direct confrontation

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »
But we DO know for sure he had Hemalurgy.  So he MIGHT have had Allomancy as well.  But the main point I was trying to make was that being the Hero was potentially hereditary.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:35 AM »
I believe that the only thing that we can be sure of is that Rashek had Ferumchemy. Feruchemy is hereditary, so is Allomancy, once a person snaps. Hemalurgy seems to be something that can be obtained through certain rites. It is unsure if Alendi had any powers.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 01:46:34 AM »
It talks about his piercings and such.  It basically says, "Alendi was a Hemalurgist." without actually saying it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 01:49:12 AM »
do you know where, because having piercings does not mean he had Hemalurgy?