Do Mormons tick you off?

YES
3 (23.1%)
NO
5 (38.5%)
SOMETIMES
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Do Mormons tick you off?  (Read 3925 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Do Mormons tick you off?
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »
Is it just me, or is generally all Mormons mean spirited, angry people who criticize others?  LOL (don't ban me).

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Mormons tick you off?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »
Goodness! Hmm. Pardon me, Utopia, but you sound like the critical one here. All in all, most of us seem to get along very well on these boards, Mormon or not. If you've read the facts (as you may have, given your plea of "don't ban me"), you'll see that we all try to show mutual respect for one another's beliefs and that many of the folks on these boards are Mormon. Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, all of the admins are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So we naturally encourage folks not to throw around negative generalizations about forum members for whatever reason.

Now, that said, if we Mormon TWGers truly were mean spirited, we might feel inclined to point out (quite gleefully) that your question bears some grammatical difficulties. For instance, "is" should be "are" and "generally" would work better after the words "all Mormons." Also, you need to hyphenate "mean spirited" because you're using it as an adjective for "people."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:48:27 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
Darn straight dude.  All Mormons are jerks.  It's like a requirement for when they get baptized.  "Are you a jerk?  Yes?  Well, here you go...(splash)."

The other thing is that Mormons are required, as part of their newfangled 'religion,' to go to internet forums and mock people.  Mercilessly.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Renkar

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:14:32 AM »
I don't know about all mormons being jerks, but are all jerks mormons?  I think according to my college logic class the first part cannot be true and the second part could be true, and if it is true then there sure are a lot of mormons in the world.  I am a jerk, sometimes, does that make me part mormon even if my mother was not?  Please don't ban him, he is funny (well admin responses are) ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:19:10 AM by Renkar »

jeth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »
This type of unfortunate generalization serves no purpose.   You can find jerks anywhere, and just because you may have found one who is a Mormon doesn't prove anything about the majority of them. 

If you have problems with anyone, take care of that on an individual basis, or as an old saying goes:  Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I happen to have a problem with one Mormon genealogist who can't admit he made an unbelievably stupid mistake, but that shouldn't reflect on the good work being done by so many others. 

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 04:35:39 AM »
Obviously, Utopia must be a Mormon because only a mean spirited, angry person who critizes others would ask such a question. Although, it is possible that Utopia is simply a mean spirited, angry person who critizes others who is not a Mormon. In fact, he could be a rare species who is an angry person who critizes Mormons. Okay maybe that's not so rare or original :(. At least Utopia is not bitter. 
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Renkar

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:01:41 AM »
Yea, and I feel weird being part of this discussion, not being mormon nor really a fan of any organized religion for that matter.  Although I do have to revise my previous post.  All jerks cannot be Mormon because all generalizations are false, and Utopia proves that point.  But I still vote to keep him, just so i can get a laugh even if it is shooting fish in a barrel.  Of course, this is just what the flamebaiter is trying to do.  Perhaps we should just lock them

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 01:13:46 AM »
From my experience here on the boards maybe a better generalization to make is, are all Mormons Time wasters  ;)?
And Utopia Green, does the LOL mean you are joking?  I've never gotten the point of that particular acronym, and it sort of annoys me.  It's kind of thing people just type when they don't know what else to say. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:18:33 AM by Comatose »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
I imagine any group of people would come off as mean-spirited to a person who runs around making these kind of stupid generalizations.  In fact, if I were to use your logic, I could say that no Mormons are mean-spirited, angry or critical, as my only exposure to people of this faith hase been on this forum, and nobody on this forum has even shown a glimpse of that behavior.  In simple terms, you fail.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:08 PM »
And Utopia Green, does the LOL mean you are joking? <snip>  It's kind of thing people just type when they don't know what else to say. 

no, silly, that's: Supercalifragilisticespialidocious

That's the thing to say when you don't know what to say :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
I imagine any group of people would come off as mean-spirited to a person who runs around making these kind of stupid generalizations.  In fact, if I were to use your logic, I could say that no Mormons are mean-spirited, angry or critical, as my only exposure to people of this faith hase been on this forum, and nobody on this forum has even shown a glimpse of that behavior.  In simple terms, you fail.
you only say that because you haven't seen me and skar go at it.
<.<
>.>

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
Indeed.  But we've managed to avoid 'going at it' by mutual consent for quite some time now, so Comatose cannot be blamed.  Pat yourself on the back old chap and I shall do the same.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
heh. Speaking as one who has seen Skar and SE have a go at each other on the boards, I have to admit they've both been quite well behaved for some time now. Besides, you two are a "special" case, in my opinion--an exception to the status quo, if you will. ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
Wow! I know in America we believe in free speech(pesky ammendments and all that) but I think you should have to pass some type of test to be granted that freedom. Utopia, the only info I have on you are the dozen or so posts on these boards but I'm pretty sure that you would have an epic fail in your future if there was such a test.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 07:21:14 AM »
Is it just me, or is generally all Mormons mean spirited, angry people who criticize others?  LOL (don't ban me).

I need help choosing a response.  Below are the first things I thought of, please vote on which I should go with.

A) Must be just you that is mean spirited angry people who criticize others.

B) Mormons, on the other hand, do have a low tolerance level for morons, which could explain your experience with them.

C) Look, not a single bit of anger.  I must be losing my Mormonismness.

D) All of the above.

E) Other __________________________________________________