Author Topic: Hero of Ages Chapter 1  (Read 19676 times)

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of Ages Chapter 1
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »
lol yah i know what you are saying, earlier this morning i was on Gamereplays.org; a PC gaming site, and the first thing i see is a tampon add. Belieive me it was weird.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
We could offer them to our Hemalurgists.  They may need them, becoming a Hemalurgist is a bloody process.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
We could offer them to our Hemalurgists.  They may need them, becoming a Hemalurgist is a bloody process.

oh gosh...i think i just had a heart attack.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
I was attempting to get us somewhere near the topic at hand. >.<
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:10 AM »
In the future, please don't attempt...please....
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2008, 03:55:53 AM »
So I'm wondering where chapter 2 is!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »
I just get back from an awesome week at camp, and I find and explosion has happened in my absence.  Here are my thoughts:
1.  The "bumps," person is supposed to be a near character who looks at the earth in a scientific way and knows absolutely everything about allomancy and hemalurgy and feruchemy.  At first I thought this was Preservation, but after reading that chapter, and the whole "unfortunately, I am the hero of  ages," bit, I think it is the Mist Spirit.  In life, it was the true hero of ages, who locked Ruin (and perhaps Preservation) away to stop their feuding that was tearing the world apart, and appeared to all the "pretender" heroes of ages, like Alendi and Vin, to stop them from freeing Ruin once the prophecy was changed, who were unintentionally trying to undo it's work.
2.  Elend has grown up, and I agree with what you guys have to say about him.  He's not as powerful as Vin though, and can't soothe koloss.
3.  My guess is if Elend has two armies coming, then one is koloss and one isn't, and Vin isn't there with him, because she has  to control the koloss she is leading, and if she is too far from them they break out of her soothing?  She isn't as powerful as the lord ruler yet after all, and there's nothing worse than a koloss army suddenly killing their allies.  So she's coming with the army, which can't travel as fast, as a single man on horseback, and Elend is simply delaying the other koloss until she gets there.

Thoughts.  boy it's good to be back!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 05:57:02 AM »
2 - But OreSeur (well . . .yeah) said that Kandra feared all Mistborn.  I think he could do it if he did it right.

3 - Interesting.  I like it and it makes sense.

WB!  I'm catching up to you in post count.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
that still doesn't explain the second, human army's absence. Yes i know the entire army does not have horses, they must guard their supply trains, etc etc. But Elend should have at least brought some type of honor guard along to stiffen the defenses.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008, 06:55:30 PM »
A single man on horseback can ride faster then many men, and a small honor guard wouldn't do much, and I don't think he could spare anything larger.  And he had come with a group the army would have been more likely to attack him.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »
He could have Pewter Dragged carrying to the horse then just out of their sight put the horse down and started riding it.  ::)  :P  ;D
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2008, 05:40:16 AM »
So I'm guessomg that trio of smileys means you're joking?

Anyways, does anyone know when chapter two comes out, when do we get to Spook??  And Vin, we STILL haven't heard from her yet.  Does anyone know how many chapters brandon's going to do on the site?  How many were in the back of the Final Empire paperback??
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 05:05:08 AM »
I know as much as you. Does anyone know what is going on with the site? I'm rather curious. And I miss my title. I like being an arrogant scribe...
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 05:06:39 AM »
I asked the same question on the "these stupid titles," thread.  I was very curious.  It seems to be a modification or improvement of sorts.
OR
Perhaps it's a dastardly plot of Ruin's sent to confuse us!
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

sporkify

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 06:36:17 AM »
I think I have made a connection here: Compare this chapter to the exerpt at the end of the promotional Mistborn 1 book.  (IDK if it's there in other versions) 
The excerpt states that "'Elend Venture has conquered another city,' said a second voice...'An unimportant one,' Olid said.  'To the south.  Barely five thousand people'...'He immediately abandoned the city, taking its populace with him.'  "But he got another koloss army, somehow'  Good, Spook thought. The fourth storage cavern was theirs.  Luthadel wouldn't starve for a while yet." (Page 657 of Mistborn 1 , edition - paperback with mail in rebate)

We know that this town that Elend is defending is in the Southern Dominance "Fatren doubted that such an important man--one who was likely more legend than fact--had made his way to such a humble city in the Southern Dominance, especially unaccompanied." (Chapter1 HOA preview)

I'm gonna speculate, based on the facts, that Elend walks out of there with a shiny new koloss army, as well as the town and the contents of this mysterious cavern. (likely food)
Gorram Frakking Woolhead!