Author Topic: Hero of Ages Chapter 1  (Read 19652 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of Ages Chapter 1
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
I dunno.  We know that the result of all three is the Lord Ruler.  MAybe that's why he has no piercings (besides the bracers), he pierced himself with hemalurgy and then burned the piercings, taking his hemalurgy within himself so that he had no weaknesses, and noone could take his hemalurgy from him.  And that's why he makes the inquisitors spikes huge, and builds the whole back spike weakness thing into them, so that they can never do what he did.  It would be a very Lord Ruler-ish thing to do I think.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Coof

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »
I don't think we know for sure that TLR had no piercing, just none that were visible. Maybe they were hidden under his bracers, or maybe they were on his ankles, so that nobody could see. Also, I think a piercing could be under the skin, I mean all a piercing needs to be a piercing is to pierce the skin, maybe he pierced the sking then let his skin heal over it. Just thinking

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
Yeah, I think he just put the piercings in other places to keep from getting killed easily. . . or maybe the Lunch pin isn't necessary, but TLR required the Inquisitors to have them?

OH OH OH!  This could cause our heroes a lot of problems if the Inquisitors figure that out, or already know and are making new Inquisitors without Lynch Pins.  . . . they will be MUCH harder to kill now.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2008, 01:54:14 AM »
That would cause problems indeed.  I think the Lord Ruler made sure they had that weakness, so they couldn't turn on him. 
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »
Yes, but what now that he is gone?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2008, 02:44:30 AM »
Hmmm. If you burned something that had hemalurgical properties (term coined by Chaos, since coma was wondering), I wonder if it may not give you the ability to use hemalurgy like...all the time... passively?

But that's an interesting concept.

BTW, I'm proud to claim the word feruchemial as my own.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »
Nicely done, and I should have known it was chaos.  I still remember his monster post on the new metals, it was great!  Does anyone know when he's getting back?
That thing about Hemalurgy is about what I was thinking, and I was wondering if that wasn't what the Lord Ruler did.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2008, 04:11:27 AM »
Quote from: Chaos, in a PM to me
I'm going to college on the 27th, but unfortunately, I need to pack up my computer tonight. So I won't be posting until that date because I obviously won't have my computer until then :P

Just thought I'd let someone know before mysteriously vanishing.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2008, 06:10:20 AM »
Could you imagine Vin burning Hemalurgic Pewter along with Duralumin?  HOLY JESUS!  ha ha!  That could get intense!.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2008, 02:05:55 PM »
I hat to bring everybody down on this, but I just don't see any evidence that a metal infised with another magic sustem's power being used by Allomancy.
Vin couldn't use Sazed's Feruchemical ring that she tried to swallow.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »
This is what TLR did.  He used gold that he stored age in with Feruchemy then burned it Allomantically.

Also, the reason Vin wouldn't be able to use Sazed's is because she would be breaking one of the rules of Feruchemy; it wasn't HER Metalmind.  Therefore the Feruchemy didn't work.  If she could, like TLR, use her OWN Metalmind and burn it, or in our theorizing, her Hemalurgic piercing, then she could do something more than normal Allomancy/Hemalurgy.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »
That's true, I don't know why I didn't remeber that. That was really dumb on my part

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
And it's Atium, not gold miyabi ;).
And what if the Lord Ruler stored some strength in hemalurgic pewter, and then burned it, with duralumin?
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »
I haven't unpacked my books since getting home, but I'm pretty sure it was gold because it stores age.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »

No, Gold stores health.  Atium stores age.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier