Author Topic: Another Possibility For the HOA  (Read 11015 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Another Possibility For the HOA
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »
There are ways besides birth control to prevent having children. Perhaps Mare couldn't, or some other condition we don't know about. (Maybe Kelsier didn't want to raise a chlid until he was done robbing everyone blind, and they just weren't sexually active.)

And Miyabi and Comatose, I think that without all of those ideas you two think up this board would be a lot less active. People may disagree with most of your theories, but we usually see parts of them we like, and add all of our theories together to come to a consensus. Then someone will question some aspect of it, and we'll keep thinking, which is the important part.

What?  People disagree with my theories?  I thought that was just Andrew ;).
It wasn't always like this you know, a ways back, I was coming up with stuff, I'm the one who found the whole piercings of the hero reference and such.  I suppose I've just run out of valid things to say, and have moved on to the semi-valid.  Ah well, it's more fun that way.  But what are we going to theorize about after the book is out, and we're done finding out what Ookla's been thinking all this time? 
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
Then we can start theorizing on Warbreaker 2.  I'm surprised it hasn't started yet.  Then after the 'Kings' books start coming out we'll theorize about those too. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »
I might be left out then, I'm trying very hard to resist temptation and wait until warbreaker is out, so the first time I read it it's finished, and I don't want to spoil it for myself.  But who knows, after mistborn, I might cave.
Didn't brandon write a book called dragon steel?  When does that one come out?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:55 AM »
The Liar of Partinel, which will be the first book of the Dragonsteel series (but possibly as a backdoor pilot), had some things that didn't come out right in the first draft, so it will need some major revisions. Brandon hasn't worked on it at all since finishing that first draft, and he probably won't get to it for a while. He wants Way of Kings to be his next big series after A Memory of Light (or, well, Way of Kings is the first book; the series name used to be Oathshards but I don't know if that's changed in the last four years), so the first book of that will come out before the first Dragonsteel book does. (He may do Nightblood relatively soon, though?)

Brandon will also be sprinkling in some more YA books at the same time, such as Scribbler and Dark One and three other books he mentioned to me at lunch in May. There is no end to the books tumbling around in his head.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:27:20 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
So many books to look forward to and yet so much time til any of them come out.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 08:51:08 PM »
Somehow the thought of Elend Cross-dressing is disturbing to me.

Especially since in Chapter One he has a beard.

And man, I definitely look forward to all future Brandon books :D.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.