Author Topic: I would like to announce!  (Read 110788 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: I would like to announce!
« Reply #645 on: February 03, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
Ive never seen the first HP. I've seen all the others, just never the first.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 10, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »

I just survived an 18 hour shift.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
18hrs? Holy crap!!!!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 14, 2010, 04:31:53 AM »

I just got a MacBook Pro.  17" 2.86 Ghz processor.  512MB video ram.  4 gigs Ram.  256 hdd.

=]
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 14, 2010, 07:03:30 AM »
Nice. I had a 17" Powerbook that I loved.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 23, 2010, 10:02:28 AM »

While digging around looking for a book I found an old notebook full of my Pokemon drawings from when I was in like 3rd grade.  They aren't too offly bad.

I also found an old floppy that I had written "important" in a way only I would be able to read . . . I can't for the life of me remember what is on it and I don't have any way of retrieving the data.  It's probably something silly, but I'm kind of interested to see what is on it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 07, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »

I bought and am not exactly sure how I lived with out a Sony Reader the other day.  It's quite fantastic.

Anyone else have a reader or a Kindle etc?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 18, 2010, 01:36:04 AM »
I'm crazy, guys. I just bought a Palm Pre. Too bad I don't have time to sit and play with it...
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #653 on: March 18, 2010, 01:50:52 AM »
I'm crazy, guys. I just bought a Palm Pre. Too bad I don't have time to sit and play with it...

That's the phone I own. i personally love it.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

ryos

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 18, 2010, 07:15:01 AM »
Do you have any app suggestions? It's hard to decide which apps to get when so few have trial versions.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 18, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »

I played with one once and I didn't like it so much.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #656 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
Do you have any app suggestions? It's hard to decide which apps to get when so few have trial versions.

Well, first off, I suggest getting preware on your phone. This lets you get access to homebrew apps, which will increase the number of apps significantly. As well as give you access to user made patches and themes. This essentially gives you the ability to customize your phone in almost any aspect.

Instruction here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

As far as apps I use, i mainly use mediafly for a podcast streamer, pandora and slacker radio for streaming audio, Checkbook as an expense tracker, music player remix (its a homebrew app) for my music player, agenda instead of the calendar (again, i think this one is homebrew. All it is is an app that displays everything in your calendar in a chronological list).

As for gaming, i have the sims 3, earthworm jim, and scummVM (its homebrew. Its a scumm emulator engine that lets you run a bunch of old point and click games, like beneath a steel sky, maniac mansion, monkey island, etc.)

I have more than that, but those are the ones i use on a regular basis.

Another useful homebrew app i use on occasion is LED Torch. It essentially lets you turn on and off the flash on your phone to use it as a flashlight.

Edit: i suppose i should mention that sims 3 and earthworm jim are the only apps of those i listed that cost money.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:36:47 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

ryos

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:47 AM »

I suppose (simple matters of taste aside) it depends on your perspective. I'm coming from a Palm Centro running the old and busted Palm OS, so to me, the Pre feels like the ultimate new hotness. But, compared to (for example) an iPhone, it probably doesn't look like anything special.

I liked it a lot more than the Android phones I played with. The Pre felt slick, intuitive and natural, whereas Android felt clunky and cobbled together. Android has a tone of potential, but in its current incarnation I just wasn't seeing it.

Those were pretty much my only choices, since I'm stuck on Sprint. No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks would I even look at a Windows Mobile phone, and the iPhone, locked as it is to AT&T, is simply unobtainable for me in this stage of my life. But, for now, I'm quite happy with the Pre. It's a really nice device.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #658 on: March 19, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »

I suppose (simple matters of taste aside) it depends on your perspective. I'm coming from a Palm Centro running the old and busted Palm OS, so to me, the Pre feels like the ultimate new hotness. But, compared to (for example) an iPhone, it probably doesn't look like anything special.

I liked it a lot more than the Android phones I played with. The Pre felt slick, intuitive and natural, whereas Android felt clunky and cobbled together. Android has a tone of potential, but in its current incarnation I just wasn't seeing it.

Those were pretty much my only choices, since I'm stuck on Sprint. No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks would I even look at a Windows Mobile phone, and the iPhone, locked as it is to AT&T, is simply unobtainable for me in this stage of my life. But, for now, I'm quite happy with the Pre. It's a really nice device.

I've actually played with all three (iphone, android, and webOS) and I find the pre to be the best out of them. That's why i got one. The *MAIN* reason i say this is multi-tasking. Once I got a taste of it on my phone, i cant imagine a phone without it now. It's way too common these days for me to be surfing the web, listening to music, checking email, texting, and playing a game or something like that all at once.

In andriods defense, though, I haven't played with the newest version (the one on the nexus one), which supposedly was a game changer for it.

Though, palm is apparently into some rocky times, they released their earnings yesterday and it wasn't that good. If I end up losing webOS, i'll likely move to android in the future, to see about the changes that've come about (that and I have a geek-love for google)

Edit: Also, as with anything else, anyone's preference between android, iphone, and webOS is obviously personal preference (or hardcore fandom, which each device and company have, but i honestly wish THAT could be killed off)

YET A FURTHER EDIT: Anyone ever hear of or see emblaze's first else? It's a new smartphone coming out later this year, and it just *OOZES* style from every single pore that a phone doesnt have.

I dont know all the specs on it, but if it can compete with the big players functionality-wise, it may be something worthwhile

Linky dinky
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:22:27 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #659 on: March 19, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »
Looks pretty slick, but the UI doesn't look as friendly as they say. The more I use any electronics, the more I just want the UI to be fast and arranged well. There are designers who study user interface with physical and electronic objects, but most of them sadly seem more interested in creating fashionable objects and UIs than in making a truly user-centric design. That said, I doubt if Emblaze has one of these kinds of designers in its employ, though often (IMO), a room full of nerds brainstorming is just as effective as one high-priced designer.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I was an industrial design major for a bit. :P
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie