Author Topic: I would like to announce!  (Read 110709 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to announce!
« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »

So finally after an 8.5 hour shift followed by an 11 hour shift followed by a 16 hour shift followed by an 11 hour shift followed by another 16 hour shift, I get a day off tomorrow!!!!!!!!

(I put this here cause I have an actual announcement along with that.)

I got air blades ordered for my sister and me the other day.  They will be here on the 4th. =D  I'm soooo excited.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »
What's an air blade?

Edit: I would like to announce I saw my own shadow this morning! Oh, I also got a date for the Valentines Dance today.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:44:15 PM by Six More Weeks of Kaz »
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #632 on: February 02, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »
What's an air blade?

I'm not sure, but it sounds really cool, like something you'd see in a movie or anime or something. This leads me to believe it's likely lame to most people and/or has a very specific mundane use.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
Some quick research shows that it could be either a motorcycle, a video game, a fancy hand dryer that looks like it might double as an instrument of torture, or ...some kind of strange marching band accessory...

So whichever Miyabi was talking about, it is potentially cool, potentially lame, potentially strange, or potentially none of the above and I should have gone beyond the first page of results on Google.

In other announcements, someone has stolen my pants...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #634 on: February 02, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »
That band thing might be kinda cool if you were to blade the inside and strap it to your arm, though i dont know where the "air" part would come in. Seems like it would be a sci-fi type weapon.

Also: all of your links seem to have an extra ' at the end when i click on em.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2010, 11:01:21 PM »
I see this, yes... guess I'm still used to a past forum, where links like the ones I used required quotations around them as part of the code. Wouldn't work the right way without them. Don't need them here, though.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »

These are what I was talking about.  ha ha.  The color guard things.  I assumed it would have been obvious. xD  Silly me.

NOTE:  That guy sucks.  You should NEVER have to watch the thing you're spinning and you NEVER hold your hands up in the air like a dumb ass.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 03, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »
The color guard at Coppell Highschool is much better..... and they are a separate entity than the marching band, you can't be in the band and guard b/c if you are in the band you must march, kinda weird in comparison to other schools but they place at state every year and they barely meet the criteria to be a 5A school.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2010, 01:50:26 AM »
The color guard at Coppell Highschool is much better..... and they are a separate entity than the marching band, you can't be in the band and guard b/c if you are in the band you must march, kinda weird in comparison to other schools but they place at state every year and they barely meet the criteria to be a 5A school.

That's exactly how all the highschools in my area work. Ive never heard of it working any other way. O.o
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 03, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

When I went to ISU guard was part of band and EVERYONE marched.  Color guard had to march just as much as band did, we just had to do it whilst spinning.  We were just as much part of the formations as band was.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 03, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »
Well the highschool i graduated from chose the guard out of band members, generally flute players, and they were shocked when i asked why. Also, the fact that you were required to march was uncommon not unusual (in my neck of the woods it's this way for maybe 20% of the schools). And Miyabi that's the case everywhere.

P.S. Anyone like my Valentines profile?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:44 AM »

Where I went it wasn't in high school.  All three high schools in this town, plus two high schools where I went in Connecticut all did band and guard things separately and guard didn't really march.  They just kinda stood there and performed while everyone else marched.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2010, 02:11:43 AM »
That's sad.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:59 AM »

It truly is.

It is MUCH better when the guard actually marches.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 03, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »

I just got done watching the extended versions of HP 1 and 2 from the ultimate collector editions that come in really big boxes.  I rather enjoyed the added content, though it wasn't quite as apparent in the second, though maybe that was just me.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。