Author Topic: review: The Dark Knight  (Read 7747 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: review: The Dark Knight
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
I am not sure if anyone I know was expecting this movie to be quite this deep and dark. Overall that gave the whole thing a great experience to come away from. There were things about the movie that definitely made me less than thrilled that they happened. However, the one thing that keeps on ringing in my brain when I think back to this movie is what I said after we walked out of the theater, "Apparenly Heath Ledger was in that film...not really sure where though."
He was the joker. ha ha.  In any case I have a theory about that.

I think they producer had him killed.  Why?

Batman has decreased in popularity.

They wanted to make money.

Result.

Everyone now loves Batman

They broke money making records.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »
the lack of a smiley makes me question your sanity...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 03:15:48 AM »
the lack of a smiley makes me question your sanity...
I genuinely believe my conspiracy to be true.

After all there was never any HARD evidence found to support how he died. . . just a few theories.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
I am not sure if anyone I know was expecting this movie to be quite this deep and dark. Overall that gave the whole thing a great experience to come away from. There were things about the movie that definitely made me less than thrilled that they happened. However, the one thing that keeps on ringing in my brain when I think back to this movie is what I said after we walked out of the theater, "Apparenly Heath Ledger was in that film...not really sure where though."
He was the joker. ha ha.  In any case I have a theory about that.

I think they producer had him killed.  Why?

Batman has decreased in popularity.

They wanted to make money.

Result.

Everyone now loves Batman

They broke money making records.

I am not entirely sure what your last sentence means. Not sure if there is a referent I am not remembering or if the gibberish in your mind and the gibberish in my mind are clashing with each other in some epic battle right now preventing comprehension.

I will add this though: If your conspiracy is true, and the producer did in fact cause the death of Heath Ledger, then the only way I can see that being plausible, is due to the fact that he realized how good the piece was portrayed, and he  knows there is no possibility for a follow-up. Everyone would just be disappointed from then on...even though it would make more sense to just kill the character instead. However, that last part makes sense so it is clearly suspect and ignorable.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »
As in like the amount of money they made in the first weekend broke records for most money made.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »
Yeah, that would make more sense. My urge to draw tree diagrams to explain where the confusion existed is hard to overcome. Suffice it to say, somehow I read it as the producers literally made money useless by making an album.

Epic Comprehension Fail.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »
WOW!  Someone forgot to eat their Wheaties this morning.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 07:53:10 PM »
I saw Dark Knight.. and loved it.  Heath was amazing as the joker, and it definately had that nowhere is safe quality to it.  (Spoiler?)  I totally called the guy with the bomb in his belly, when he started complaining about burning though.  I think Joker was definately my highlight, and I love how Batman sacrificed his reputation in order save Two Face's.  All in all, great great movie.  I wonder how joker actually did get those scars...
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 07:41:38 PM »
someone put a cell phone bomb in his mouth. plus duct tape.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »
I was on vacation during the premier, i decided to sneak out of my hotel room (parents FTL) and went and saw it. Best Movie Ever. Nothing compares to the acting or the overall story in it. Joker's twisted mind just makes him the most believable and best villain there ever was. I then proceeded to see it every day after the premier for 5 days. Yes, i love batman.
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
Frankly, I was disappointed with this film; it was very well-done, but I found it too dark to be able to appreciate it.  This is slightly strange, as darkness doesn't usually phase me in a film or book.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 01:06:26 AM »
Come on Jade the word Dark is in the name of the movie. Im not calling you out I really loved the movie. It had almost everything you could ask for minus Katie Holmes. The Bat Bike thing was cool but unnessesary. All in all its a good sign for the future movies.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 12:28:07 AM »
Don't you know to never judge a film by its title?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
I loved how dark it was.  It was such a change from the majority of the "hero" movies that have been coming out a lot recently.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。