Poll

On the Warbreaker cover, is the woman pictured Siri or Vivenna?

Siri
Vivenna
Some random woman

Author Topic: Siri or Vivenna?  (Read 2032 times)

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
Siri or Vivenna?
« on: August 04, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
Ok, I've sifted through the forums and, maybe I'm blind, but I'm also 98.9% positive I didn't see an official answer.
So if anyone has an official answer for me, pleaseee let me know.
 OR you can put your opinion on the poll above, if you want.

THANK YOUUUU
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Siri or Vivenna?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
I do not think it is supposed to be one specific woman. It contains pieces of the entire book, its a kind of collage for the two female characters. The environment, pose, and dress suggests Siri but not many swords were present in her story arc while much of Vivenna's arc involved learning to use breath and swords. Both can change their hair.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »
Wait, so that's not Vasher in drag?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Wait, so that's not Vasher in drag?
ROFL (FOR REALZ!)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:36:38 PM »
I asked Moshe at Worldcon, and he says it's Siri. Yes, she's not generally near Nightblood, and yes, Nightblood is supposed to be black. The breath doesn't indicate that she uses breath power, but is just representative of its use in the world.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »
I asked Moshe at Worldcon, and he says it's Siri. Yes, she's not generally near Nightblood, and yes, Nightblood is supposed to be black. The breath doesn't indicate that she uses breath power, but is just representative of its use in the world.
Thanks Ook.  I just started the book and thought that it would be Siri, but I'm glad it was finally like. . . given something official to be sure.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。