Author Topic: Reviving Ancient Texts  (Read 3168 times)

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Ancient Texts
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »
we can move it eventually, but it was meant for the people on this forum.  If I had put it in Rants, it may not have been seen.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »
Ok, so im aware that the text your speeking of were probably from me. i know i was going through old text and reading some. i apologize im fairly new at this whole forum thing and i had no idea that posting on old threads made them come to the front page of the forum. my bad.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »
All is well GM, you didn't know but now you do. I suggest we all take the time to read through the forum rules while we await MB3.   :D
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »
good idea. i was unaware that "forum rules" existed
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 03:47:06 AM »
Actually I was under the impression that in Brandon's forum there is necroposting allowed, although there is a standard rule against it in all the other parts of TWG.

Here's a quote from Spriggan on the fan art thread:
We should have one fan art thread, since we don't care about thread necromancy in Brandon's forum, also it will be good so things don't get lost.

I can understand how it might bother some people, but I don't know.  I have very little problem with it.  It get's me reading things I've missed.  I do understand how it can be annoying for those who have been here for a couple years though, reading the same thing over again, and that's why it's discouraged elsewhere.  But I just thought I'd bring it up.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 03:48:33 AM »
Actually I was under the impression that in Brandon's forum there is necroposting allowed, although there is a standard rule against it in all the other parts of TWG.

Here's a quote from Spriggan on the fan art thread:
We should have one fan art thread, since we don't care about thread necromancy in Brandon's forum, also it will be good so things don't get lost.

I can understand how it might bother some people, but I don't know.  I have very little problem with it.  It get's me reading things I've missed.  I do understand how it can be annoying for those who have been here for a couple years though, reading the same thing over again, and that's why it's discouraged elsewhere.  But I just thought I'd bring it up.
Very good point Coma.

Also, welcome back. ;)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 04:01:00 AM »
I think Spriggan's comment was in reference to if we had new and useful material to post on an older topic. Such as how if we all stopped posting in the Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread until Hero of Ages came out, it would be perfectly fine to post in it, so long as we had more to add to the topic. On the other hand, topics which have died a natural death or where no new information is available, necroposting should be discouraged.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 04:09:44 AM »
I think Spriggan's comment was in reference to if we had new and useful material to post on an older topic. Such as how if we all stopped posting in the Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread until Hero of Ages came out, it would be perfectly fine to post in it, so long as we had more to add to the topic. On the other hand, topics which have died a natural death or where no new information is available, necroposting should be discouraged.

Or punished. . .

-A WITCH A WITCH!!!!!!

--Well how do you KNOOOOOOW she is a witch?

---She necroposted!

----*odd look*

-----It got better.

((I hope SOMEONE caught my reference.))
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 05:39:56 AM »
I did, miyabi, if it helps.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with Czanos
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence