Author Topic: Sword of Truth trailer  (Read 10421 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Sword of Truth trailer
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:07:25 PM »
I dont know if anyone here is a Sword of Turth fan but i thought i would post this to allow readers a view at what is to come from the series of Goodkind novels. http//www.sword-of-truth.com

Please let me be the first to state that Richards character is so far the most dissapointing thing ive experienced in as long as i can remember
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of Truth trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:26:47 PM »
Wow, I know that this is only TV and all, but man...that looked really awful.

It's pretty indicative of the acting when they couldn't find any better examples to put in the trailer.  And, for all of you that haven't read the books, Richard is a large man.  Tapping an anorexic emo to play him seems like a bad idea.

Gah.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »
O.K. Disney??? Did any execs over at Disney actually read these books? They are loaded with scenes of explicit sexual torture....

Not a bad cast for Kahlan but horrible job on Richards character. This series, imo, would make for a good TV series or movie but the fact that it is Disney means it will be extremely watered down and thus bad. Which is pretty dissapointing. Only positive thing is that it is Sam Raimi directing. Evil Dead anyone?
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
I have never read the books and have no desire to read them. But after seeing that trailer, I'll probably check out at least the first episode of the series. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »
lawl.

You know the creators of the George R R Martin series just heaved a collective sigh of relief and looked at each other saying,  "Hell, there's NO WAY we could possibly do worse that that!"

This is full of so much fail.  Epic fail.  It's fitting.

lawl.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
I find it so dissapointing. I mean they could have made a good movie or show about the first book alone. Instead they decided that they wanted to make a new "Zena Warrior Princess" out of one of the better Epic fantasies. Disney I mean really the only reason they are still around is because they helped Pixar in the begining.

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »
Well if they make it another zena/hercules most the country will say they hate it but it will run for 6 years and get a huge fan base.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 03:20:37 AM »
I heard about the Sword of Truth series on IMDb a loooong time ago, but never really checked back in until recently. Saw the trailer and was pretty disappointed. The changing of the name, the horrible miscasting, Disney....it goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, I've read all the books, but I'm not an uber-fan. It's still a little disappointing when something I've read and enjoyed gets seemingly butchered. (I say seemingly because, well, the show hasn't aired yet. I'll give it a chance, but that's all it's getting  8) )

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 07:58:48 AM »
I have been reading that series for a long time. At first it felt more adult than Robert Jordan's, but I think that was just a childish mistake at what adult actually meant. The Sword of Truth series really stopped holding anything for me when Goodkind's book became more about preaching his philosophy than taking his characters on the journey that they were actually going on. I am definitely still curious where they end up, but have much more pressing matters to attend to...like re-grouting my bathroom.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »
I keep wanting to start it, but every time I go to the store Wizard's First Rule isn't in and I'm too lazy to order it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
I am a an of the entire series and I am REALLY disapointed in the everything I just saw.

Skar you are right, Richard is supposed to be massively muscular. Able to kill you with his bare hands. He is supposed to be at home in the woods. This guy is tiny, and seems like he would be scared of his own shadow at night.

And the scene where Kahlan releases her power! A confessor's power  supposed to be a concussion with no sound. Everybody is supposed to feel this in her vicinity. And the scene where you see her fighting seems like the one at the beginning of book one where shee is running from the Quad, looking for the first wizard. She doesn't have a sword there and she runs into Richard who saves her, she doesn't fight them,

This is so frustrating, reading what Terry wrote and seeing that crap on screen.

Archer

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
Huh. I have just found this abandoned thread here full of disappointed people. Well, I would certainly encourage anyone to at least give them a chance! In general I do really like the scenes they showed us so far. There are of course many objectionable things if you would like to criticize. Instead, I try to accept changes as long as they are reasonable. In fact, I'm expecting to get some more story insights and additions. I hope it will have a long run and they will be able to breath some new life into the weaker volumes of this otherwise very good series. I sincerely hope and look forward to actually see the Faith of the Fallen in this TV show. I'm a huge fan and supporter of Nicci's character. I love her.

Concerning the actors, I can absolutely approve Bridget Regan to the role of Kahlan. She is amazingly beautiful and mystical in her white dress. I foresee that she will help me to better understand Kahlan Amnell. I had problems with Craig Horner, too, but I hope he will be able to grow up to this task. Why not give him a chance? Perhaps it could work well.

I think they will soften and somewhat hide those brutal torture scenes in the story. It's enough to hint at them, because they are integral part of the storyline.

In conclusion I'm really excited about this show. Tomorrow we will get a 10 minute preview: The Making of a Legend!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:45:15 PM by Archer »

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 01:45:21 AM »
Wow well put there Arch. I agree with alot of the things you said. Yes I am disappointed about Horner and a couple other things but it is possable to strain something good out of what we have been given. I also hope that they will juice up some of the weaker novels. I could see Blood of the Fold and Temple of the Winds folded together. Not that Temple wasnt a great book but you couldnt put Fold with Stone of Tears because of shear volume. Also I feel that Faith of the Fallen was probably either my favorite or second favorite in the series.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:45 AM »
I think they will soften and somewhat hide those brutal torture scenes in the story. It's enough to hint at them, because they are integral part of the storyline.

With Disney/ABC I don't think that will be a problem.  I look forward to seeing what they do with the storyline as well.  Comes out Nov. 1st in my area.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »
The series starts this weekend, but right now you can download the first 30 minutes of the show for free on iTunes.

It's 100% free and worth watching if you are interested what the show will be like.

It's pretty apparent from this first 30 minutes that shows they are radically changing some massive parts of the story.