Author Topic: Sword of Truth trailer  (Read 10424 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of Truth trailer
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 03:50:35 AM »
I missed epi#4 but my friend downloaded it and I'm gonna watch it sometime soon. I find it harder and harder to watch this show. Not only because I'm a fan but because I'm in the middle of a re-read of the series. I finished Wizards First rule and Stone of Tears two weeks ago and I'm about half way done with Blood of The Fold (and BotF is better than I remember). Having all of the first two and a half book freshly in my memory I can hardly keep from dry heaving every time this show starts. Funny story, last Saturday I was out at a bar with my brother and some friends when I looked up and two out of the ten flat screens were airing epi#4. I did in fact almost choke on my drink. When that is the type of response they are getting from huge fans of the books then I hope that they are getting enough people who like crappy TV to watch so they can at least pay their bills.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »
I haven't gotten a chance to read The Sword of Truth and this show didn't help pushing me any closer to reading the series.  Luckily, my friends say it's amazing, and that the show is pretty much an embarrassment to the world that Goodkind created.

If you can't tell, I think the show has been disappointing.  I didn't watch episode because I decided to watch Jeff Dunham's special instead.  It seems I made the right choice.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 05:32:33 AM »
Catching up on this thread I can see I am not missing anything by just continuing to ignore the existence of this show. That honestly makes me sad.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
Yeah.  I got through the first one, but I could no longer stomach the thought of watching another, so that was that and no more.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »
Anyone else still watching?

We keep watching...and then wonder why we bother. We grimace and groan a lot during each episode....
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Vatdoro

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 01:23:57 AM »
I was very excited when I heard this TV show was coming out, but like most of you, I am abysmally disappointed in their portrayal of this story. Every episode I've seen I think "was the story behind this episode even in the book?". It's been years since I've read Sword of Truth, but it seems to me like the episodes aren't even stories from the book. They're just completely made up.

Having said that, I now realize this show isn't about the story from the book. This is a B List show that takes place in the Sword of Truth universe, akin to Hercules or Xena. If you enjoy watching Hercules or Xena then you may enjoy this show. The catch is if you try and connect anything from this TV show to the book. It just doesn't work.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »
Anyone else still watching?

We keep watching...and then wonder why we bother. We grimace and groan a lot during each episode....

No, I'm not going to waste time hoping it will get better.  I've got a lot of writing to do, it would have been a welcome distraction but they ruined it for me.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
You know, I am glad that they changed the title to "Legend of the Seeker". I was told originally it was supposed to be called "Wizards First Rule". That would have angered me seeing how this show has almost nothing in common with any of the books. I do have to say that when I was in Boarders the other day ALL of the covers for Wizards First Rule had been changed to a screenshot from the show. I had to swallow to keep from vomitting. I have followed the show so far and I regret it every episode. My main problem is that I won't stop watching even though I think I should. I think I'm sick or something.

Any one see the epi where Zedd gets captured by one of his student wizards and the wizard ends up using same stone that the Sisters of the Dark used to drain a wizards magic on him. I was disgusted. And is there even any references to the magic of Orden? Because if there is I completely miss them all. I will regretfully continue to watch even though it makes me want to cry.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »
Well I'm glad I decided to not watch it lol. Sounds like it is pretty bad.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 05:22:23 AM »
Any one see the epi where Zedd gets captured by one of his student wizards and the wizard ends up using same stone that the Sisters of the Dark used to drain a wizards magic on him. I was disgusted. And is there even any references to the magic of Orden? Because if there is I completely miss them all. I will regretfully continue to watch even though it makes me want to cry.

Yeah.....

As to the magic of Orden...I have seen NO mention of anything remotely resembling plot hooks for the first book. Rahl was mentioned in the first Episode to get them 'out of the Shire' (The first episode stayed the truest to the books (ehich isn't saying much)) but there have been no boxes mentioned....the book of Counted Shadows is gone....no mudpeople....wizards and magic abounding throughout. Plucky adventures wasting time instead of dealing with the true issues.

If this were truly the  story from the book, then Rahl would already have won....

BUT no...you are right.. they are playing it out like Xena. It doesn't work that way... :P

WARNING:

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 08:38:24 AM »
For what it's worth, I actually liked Xena.  :D

Don't think I'd like this show though, from all I'm hearing.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »
For what it's worth, I actually liked Xena.  :D

Don't think I'd like this show though, from all I'm hearing.

I too enjoyed Xena for a long time, but it wasn't labeled as an adaptation of a wellknown book series... :D

The last episode of the Seeker actually showed SOME promise.  Besides the requisite 'random non-book-based quest' they actually brought out a box of Orden! It is about time. Though I do like how the introduced the box in the show.

There is still way too much in the way of side quests and too little in the way of plot, but maybe things will turn around.... (right....)

WARNING:

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »
Even with Heroes being such a phenomenon, TV Execs cannot seem to understand the viewing public wants actual followable storyline and not just a random vignette every week.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.