Author Topic: Warbreaker Cover  (Read 10606 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Warbreaker Cover
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
I was being bored on youtube tonight, and was typinging in different book titles I love (there are some weird videos on there if you type in the right book titles... O.o) and I stumbled across this.  I think it's way cool to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjWP18hPHE

My only issue is the white hair.  Unless I forget myself, that means that Siri (because I don't think Viv would ever wear something like that.  Even at the end she's too conservitive for such an outfit.) is scared... but then again, considering the sword I assume they have, it might be a proper thing anyways.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Warbreaker Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »

WOW!

That guy is AMAZING!  Thanks for posting this.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
Heh, it was much less conservative before. ;) Here's the thread with the original mockups.

This video is very cool.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
that was very cool thanks for posting the link. i had no idea the amount of work involved in a book cover. it makes me apreciate the good ones that much more.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:23:57 PM »
Awesome.
~금강산도 식후경~

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:35:03 AM »
The cover looks good  but i have to say i like the orange one. The dresses are supposed to be real colorful.I cant wait for this book to come out. I already read 4.0 but reading a book on the computer just isnt the same as reading it  in ,well a book. Is there a confirmed date for it yet or is it still just fall 2008?

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 03:28:24 PM »
Does anyone know for sure whether the picture is supposed to be Siri or Vivenna?  I agree with firstRainbowRose that the style of the dress (and, I might say, the pose) suggests Siri.  However, everyone in the original thread that Ookla linked seemed to think it was Vivenna, because of the sword.  Anyone have the authoritative answer?

Thanks for sharing this, by the way, it's very cool.
He ate my horse.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »
i would assume Siri as most of her story does take place in, well, a bedroom.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »
i would assume Siri as most of her story does take place in, well, a bedroom.

OK, but does anyone know for sure?  As in, communicated with the artist and/or EUOL about this?  (Also, if it's Siri, why is Nightblood there, unsheathed no less?)
He ate my horse.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »
nightblood is supposed to be black, right?
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
nightblood is supposed to be black, right?

Oh yeah, you're right.  But I still don't remember Siri having a sword.
He ate my horse.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
imo its probably there to show the audience its not just a romance novel ;D

apbadd

• Level 3
  • Rejected as a Mistborn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
My opinion may not mean much as I haven't read the book, but as a fantasy fan I don't really like the cover.  There just isn't enough to the cover to pull in a passer by.  Of course I will buy the book, but if I weren't a Sanderson fan and I saw a book with this cover I may not be pulled to it.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »
ok the realization that the cover may not have a direct relation to the story isnt unheard of. there are many books that take images from the story and cross them to attract readers interest. i.e. a beatiful woman in a gown on her knees with a mysterious colored whisp eminating from her mouth while holding a sword. this combines multiple elements from the story designed to attract attention to the back of the book where a new reader will find a short description maybe involving some of the things on the cover. i get it, this scene probably never happened in the book but that is beside the point. the cover isnt ment to describa a scene it ment to portray the book to potential buyers. did you ever see the cover of Elantris, when did the gyorn and the princess ever stand infront of Elantris while it wasnt cover in grime with seons flying all over the place. it didnt happen.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 01:03:40 AM »
I always thought that it was vivenna on the cover, as she is the one who would be using bioChroma, not siri. That would also explain nightblood. And I think the sword is regular steel, but it's sheath is black.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence