Author Topic: review: Get Smart  (Read 1897 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

readerMom

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
Re: review: Get Smart
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I loved Get Smart as  kid but I think I can wait for the video to see this version.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »
Saw this last night and I must say I LOVED it. Loved it so much that I will be buying the DVD when it comes out. And, if I weren't so poor, might even see it in theatre again. There was very little screen time in which I was not cracking up. I feel like the younger viewers were just not getting the jokes and oft-times subtle references. (My family was the loudest in the audience)

There is a little crudeness, so it is not for the youngsters, but I think any Get Smart fans out there will like it. :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »
I saw it as well, and agree with the review. It's good fun, hilarious, and the chemistry between Carrel and Hathaway was great.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:18:36 AM »
I haven't seen it, but I love the TV show, I used to watch it all the time with other old TV on TV land, I think, and it was hilarious.  I probably haven't seen as much as some of you, but I can't wait to see it, and I might actually like Steve Carrel in it (I don't know something about him lately just bugs me, I think's it's Evan Almighty, that was bad!)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier