Author Topic: Making Criticism Constructive  (Read 1374 times)

imflyer20

Making Criticism Constructive
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »
How's it going EUOL?

I've noticed that there are others who are awaiting answers to questions already. No need to reply to mine right away. I'll be on vacation for a few weeks soon and I don't plan to get on a computer during that time anyway.

Since the CONduit convention, I've learned a great deal about writing and honing the craft, but something has eluded, even discouraged me a little. While at the writer's workshop I presented a few pages of my fairytale/fantasy attempt and it was torn about. Not that I wasn't expecting that...by all means I was...but I've had about 2 dozen people read the same story that I presented, and each one of them thoroughly enjoyed it...and can't wait for a movie of it :). So my question is, to what extent do I alter my story to include the suggestions offered by professional criticism without undermining how a normal/average/professional reader will enjoy it?

Thanks for taking a moment to read my concern. Elandris is AMAZING so far. It never slows down. Be seeing you in Mountain Con.