Author Topic: Diablo 3, Baby!  (Read 9778 times)

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3, Baby!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:08 PM »
Goober clicking.  I never heard it put that way before.  I did think the story was good though.  I'm glad it will be a while before it comes out.  I will probably need to upgrade or replace my PC to even play it, and I definitely can't afford to do that now.  Besides, I will be busy with Too Human very soon.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 01:53:30 AM »
having played neither D1 or D2 i dont really know what to expect. Im more of an RTS person myself so, yeah im looking forward to SC2 more.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 03:10:15 AM »
SC2?  What's that?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »
StarCraft 2
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »
Awww, I see.  I was never a fan of that myself.  But I LOVED the Age of Empires games.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 03:43:23 AM »
When I saw the trailer last month the first thought that came to me was "blast, now I HAVE to upgrade my computer."

I've been a big fan of Diablo since it came out and still semi-regularly pop in Diablo II for some old-time fun.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 05:30:25 AM »
I did that a few weeks ago. . . . I remember when those graphics were bomb. . . now I'm like. . . . uhhhh. . . OK.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 07:15:32 AM »
Luckily I'm one of the rare few who can pop in an extremely old game with horribly outdated graphics and still feel the same love for it as when I first played it. (not saying anyone here is like that, but a lot of people are  :)) To me, graphics don't make a game, sure they're nice to look at, but if the story stinks, then whats the point? (FFX as an example)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »
Luckily I'm one of the rare few who can pop in an extremely old game with horribly outdated graphics and still feel the same love for it as when I first played it. (not saying anyone here is like that, but a lot of people are  :)) To me, graphics don't make a game, sure they're nice to look at, but if the story stinks, then whats the point? (FFX as an example)

Yes FFX and FFVII are prime examples of both cases.

I really hope they remake VII. . . I mean it would be stupid of them NOT to.  SOOO many people would go buy a PS3 JUST for that game.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
I'd just like to boast that, after hearing about D3, I got together with seven other D2 fans and played through the game on normal in one day (with no maphack or twinks, and stuff). It was probably the coolest 11 hours o f my life. I'm even writing a paper about it in my English 1010 class.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 06:05:22 AM »
I did the same with a few of my friends. Well, the playing together part, not the 11 hour game beatdown.  ;)

I am intently waiting for the release of this game. This and SC2, although I'm not a huge RTS gamer, the first one wasn't too bad.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 06:39:13 AM »
I just want a Warcraft IV... Or maybe a Lost Vikings sequel. Yes, I realize that World of Warcraft technically advances the story so there never has to be a WC4. :(

But I'll be picking up Diablo 3 when it drops, not a fan of the 'goober-clicking' game play but the story satisfies enough to play through. Starcraft 2 looks amazing as well.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:53:11 AM »
I just want a Warcraft IV... Or maybe a Lost Vikings sequel. Yes, I realize that World of Warcraft technically advances the story so there never has to be a WC4. :(

But I'll be picking up Diablo 3 when it drops, not a fan of the 'goober-clicking' game play but the story satisfies enough to play through. Starcraft 2 looks amazing as well.

Ha, ha, ha, ha I would LOVE a new Lost Vikings game. Such good memories of that game. That game and Lemmings. Give me another Lemmings game!

But as for Diablo III, and in terms of the so defined "goober-clicking" (that cracks me up for some reason lol), I think I like the "goober-clicking" is fun in terms of just letting loose some stress on hordes of evil demons.  ;D

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
You've got a point, goober clicking can be really fun, sometimes. And seeing hordes of little demons get slaughtered... that's fun!

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 10:20:45 PM »
There is definitely a meditation aspect to the game play of it.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)