Author Topic: Firefly anyone?  (Read 10334 times)

flex

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Firefly anyone?
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:07:58 AM »
I just recently picked up the complete series Firefly on DVD. I just thought I'd see what everyones opinion on that show was. Short lived as it was I think it was perhaps the best series I have ever had the joy of watching, not to mention and full length picture named Serenity that was amazing.  I loved the characters and the interaction between them, the dialog, the gritty action and comedy all twirled into one fantastic package. Well enough of my strange obsession with the show, how about your thoughts?
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:29:06 AM »
I think it's fantastic. It did push the edge of what we thought was acceptable content, but it turns out the episode we turned off in the middle got much better from that point on rather than worse. And I have to agree with Scott Card about the movie.

There are other threads about it though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
We find it wonderfully re-watchable.
~금강산도 식후경~

flex

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:15:19 AM »
If its not on the main page I wont see it. I only check one page.... sorry about the redundant post!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Hoeya

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:47:34 AM »
Firefly was supposed to be our next great sci-fi series, and instead it gets canceled.

Serenity is, and will be for the foreseeable future, one of my favorite movies.

skibocastle

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:27:28 AM »
I love Firefly and Serenity, my husband and I have watched both the series and movies multiple times.  I basically love anything Joss Whedon.  His writing and directing is awesome.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
both were great, Wash is my favorite character of all time
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

SteelEyeball

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
I thought the short series and movie were both pretty good. I need to buy them sometime.
You think I'm afraid? Well, get ready to be surprised.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 06:56:58 AM »
Cool Firefly filk. (Thanks for sending me the link, Pink Bunkadoo!)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

skibocastle

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »
That is a great video.  I've always like song, and the video is done very well.  Thanks for the link.

PW

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 05:20:02 AM »
Completely entertaining and wonderfully quotable.  Love that show.

I have a t-shirt with two dragons on it where one is saying "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

I have a t-shirt with two dragons on it where one is saying "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

lol, i WANT one of those!

although are you sure you don't mean dinosaurs?
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Writerainge

• Level 2
  • Women who behave rarely make history. ~ Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
I am a HUGE fan!  I'm not a collector of DVD's but that is one thatI bought to watch again and again... My fav episodes have to be "shindig" and "our Mrs. Reynolds" (and the one with the whores.. mostly because of Jayne)  we always quote going to the "special hell, reserved for child molesters and people who talk to loud at movies."  I'm glad to be among fans   :D    ;D 
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness. ~Dali Lama

PW

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »
Whoops, my bad.  I did mean dinosaurs.  D'OH!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
Whoops, my bad.  I did mean dinosaurs.  D'OH!

Of course, we all know the real reason you said dragons. It was all a test to set the real fans apart from the wannabes!