Author Topic: Brandon's new paperback releases  (Read 7620 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's new paperback releases
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »
I have found all of Brandons books at both Barnes and Nobles and Boarders in the area im from im Massachusetts. I was fairly surprised at this because in the past i have had issues with finding books from authors at either location and i figured due to Brandon being a fairly new author they would have a small selection. needless to say i was plesantly surprised.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 05:29:57 PM »
I wish Mcnally Robinson would hop on the Brandon Train.
And miyabi, if you did type up those chapter you would definately be my hero for life (or at least until I want something else very badly, and someone provides).  Who knows, maybe Brandon will post them on his site soon.  I hope!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »
eh, i could be wrong but i don't think Brandon wants us to use this forum to hand out chapters of his books. Quotes are perfectly ok, compilations of the epigraphs are plenty fine, but i would make sure to get his permission before you start posting whole sections of his books here.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
Okay, I just double checked, and here's what you get in the new pb releases.

FE: Prologue for HoA
WoA: You get the first chapter of a book by Daniel Abraham titled "An Autumn War".  Before that you do get a page and a half summery of book one, but that was also in the hardback version.  Is this the sample chapter you guys are refering to?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
Okay, I just double checked, and here's what you get in the new pb releases.

FE: Prologue for HoA
WoA: You get the first chapter of a book by Daniel Abraham titled "An Autumn War".  Before that you do get a page and a half summery of book one, but that was also in the hardback version.  Is this the sample chapter you guys are refering to?

That's interesting.  They must print different sample chapters in different copies.  In the FE paperback I bought for my brother's birthday it had a sample chapter of MB3, from Spook's viewpoint.    (I read the chapter before giving it to my brother. :))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:49:23 PM by SarahG »
He ate my horse.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
Hm... I guess you're right, that isn't the prologue.  (And that's what I have as well.)  It also isn't the first chapter (at least, so far as I remember it isn't the first chapter.  I went to a signing where EUOL read it to us, and it had to do with Elend.)  Now I wonder what it is exactly... *starts reading*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Ugh, I really want the spook sample chapter, but I'm trapped in nowheresville and I won't be in the city for a while, when will Brandon put it on his site!!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 03:58:30 AM »
I just got to read that sample chapter myself today. I was browsing a local bookstore, and there it was! I think I was making quite a fool of myself in the store (I did a little happy dance), but I really don't care. It was awesome and it's making me burst with anticipating for HoA.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 05:48:40 AM »
Thanks, making me feel real good right now.  Am I the only one who hasn't read it????
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »
Awww, sorry. :( I'm sure Brandon will post it on his website soon.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »
Don't feel guilty, I was joking, sort of, exaggerating certainly.  I just love working myself up about things like this :P.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
Don't feel guilty, I was joking, sort of, exaggerating certainly.  I just love working myself up about things like this :P.

lol thats part of the fun
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!