Author Topic: Rashek's hatred not misplaced  (Read 9436 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: Rashek's hatred not misplaced
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »
Remember, Sazed says in the original language, the him/her is gender nuetral, thus it would more likely read, "No man/woman shall claim him/her,"  thus it can't Refer to Vin, as she has been claimed by Elend

This made me laugh. A lot. Mostly because of my earlier thoughts on this thread.

"No man/woman shall keep him/her"

Thus, possibilities are:

No man shall keep her

No man shall keep him

No woman shall keep him

No woman shall keep her.

Qarlin, I'll send you the compilations when I get home.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
Good job happyman, exactly my thoughts, I also don't think Ruin was necessarily aware of all these texts, and only discovered some of them as the people who he was watching discovered them, and thus could not change them until it was too late.

Here's a thought, how did Kwaan know that words set in metal would be safe from Ruin?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »
Here's a thought, how did Kwaan know that words set in metal would be safe from Ruin?

That's a good question right there. I would think that because Ruin could affect the metalminds and writings it would be able to change what's in metal. Also, I brought this up on a different thread, how come Ruin has such a clear affect on Hemalurgy and Feruchemy yet seems to have no influence whatsoever over Allomancers? Could Feruchemy and Hemalurgy both be of Ruin?
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
lol happyman, that is a very good post, well thought out and well reasoned. Worth significantly more than $.02
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 09:31:45 PM »
Remember, Sazed says in the original language, the him/her is gender nuetral, thus it would more likely read, "No man/woman shall claim him/her,"  thus it can't Refer to Vin, as she has been claimed by Elend

This made me laugh. A lot. Mostly because of my earlier thoughts on this thread.

Thus, possibilities are:

No man shall keep her

No man shall keep him

No woman shall keep him

No woman shall keep her.

Please see my reply #45 on page 3 of this thread to eliminate half of your possibilities.
He ate my horse.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »
We're getting off topic here, should I start a, "Who is the hero of Ages," thread?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »
I would think that because Ruin could affect the metalminds and writings it would be able to change what's in metal.
See what I said here.

The topic of who the Hero of Ages is is covered a lot in this thread.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »
Thank's Ookla, let's continue the conversation over on the thread ookla gave out, the, Vin as HOA? thread.  Go back to this thread only if you want to talk more about Rashek's hatred not being misplaced.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »

Thus, possibilities are:

No man shall keep her

No man shall keep him

No woman shall keep him

No woman shall keep her.

Please see my reply #45 on page 3 of this thread to eliminate half of your possibilities.

I'm going to assume that you meant to link a thread there and didn't. At least I hope so, because reply number 45 to this thread is actually the post you quoted from me, and it's on page 4

And coma's right, we're off topic, so let us discuss more in the threads ookla so kindly provided.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »
I'm going to assume that you meant to link a thread there and didn't. At least I hope so, because reply number 45 to this thread is actually the post you quoted from me, and it's on page 4

Sorry, I meant #35.  Oops.
He ate my horse.