Author Topic: Ian Irvine's View From the Mirror and Well of Ehoes Quartets. POSSIBLE SPOILERS?  (Read 1420 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
So I just finished the second of these Quartets, and I believe, there's also a Song of Tear Trilogy as well, but I haven't read those.  Anyway, I thought these books were decent, but not overly amazing.  I really like some parts, hated others, and the rest fell somewhere in between.  I really really liked most of the first quartet, but the second one took a bit for me to get into it.  I hated the first half of Geomancer, but once I got into Tetrarch it got way better, I was however very disipointed with the ending of Chimera, which ins really a cliff hanger, and is set up to begin the song of tears trilogy.  That's one of the main reason's I liked the View from the Mirror Quartet better, The Way Between Worlds wraps up nicely, and there is no need for a continuation, all though he did leave room for it.  There is far too little resolution for the end of chimeara for my taste, burt I guess I'll havew to read song of tears to find out more.   HAs anyone else read these, please Iike to read your thoughts, and If you want to talk about Song of Tears, maybe it would be best to hide them by changeing the color, so others can read the posts, since there are only spoiler warnings for the first two quartets.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
SPOILER WARNING (JUST IN CASE) 
Ok, I just finished the second book in the trilogy song of tears, and so far it's looking better than well of echoes, but not as good as view from the mirror.  The reason I think that I like this one is because (especially in curse of the chosen) it gets back to the roots of the story in view from the mirror, and since that is the quartet I liked best, it sort of makes sense deosn't it?  So ya, he's also comeoing out with another trilogy in this world that goes in between well of echoes and view from the mirror, about Maigraith's and Karan's children, so that should be good, but I still doubt it will top the original four, and after this I also hope no more sequels come up, Santhenar can't take much more, methinks.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier