Author Topic: review: Fruits Baskets Volume 1 (manga)  (Read 2703 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: review: Fruits Baskets Volume 1 (manga)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »
I have to admit that I *adore* Fruits Basket. The story seems deceptively simple at first, but the character relationships are deep and complex. This is a manga that's more about how to deal with a life full of lemons and the ways in which simple, kind acts can make a big difference in the lives of others.

I highly recommend it.

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 03:39:31 AM »
Fruits Basket is fun, but I think the crazy panels anf the art might throw new readers off. Actually, it almost threw me off, and I've been reading manga for years. Hope not, though, cause this is a really good series.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
This was the first manga I ever read, and I didn't feel thrown off by the art or anything.  Actually, it is what got me into manga in the first place.  I had watched anime, so I was kind of used to the Japanese art style in general.  I guess I can blame this series for turning me into the manga-loving monster I am today.
If I had any clue, would I be here?