Author Topic: Piracy.  (Read 1481 times)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
Piracy.
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »
In light of Brandon's recent blog post about him not believing that he's not all that famous/deserving, I got a little bored and decided to see if he was being pirated yet (which tends to be a fairly good indication of the mainstream) and found this: <link removed>.

Naturally, as one of his fans (own 2 copies of MB1, and 1 of WoA), and a lover of the literary arts as a whole, I don't condone piracy, but I think you guys have to agree that EUOL has finally made it mainstream. I saw him listed in a "Best Fantasy Books" torrent too, but I couldn't find the link when I searched for it again.

**Edit: Link removed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:22:28 AM by AvalonDreamer »
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: Piracy.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »
I think it is great that you can tell if someone is famous by whether or not their getting pirated. It makes me laugh.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
I think it's in kind of poor taste to link to it on his forums.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

fbd

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »
I've thought for a while it might be a decent idea for him to contact admins of a few major torrent sites and put Warbreaker on them.  Sites often make a big deal about "official" releases, which this would count as.  It'd get free publicity for a book he's already giving away (in its current incarnation, at least).

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:18 AM »
Well, I removed the link. Sorry about that ^^ I let my academic interest bypass my better sense a lot of the time, and I fairly assumed that anyone here is a fan of Brandon's and wouldn't pirate his work. I personally do gauge popularity by whether or not something is being pirated, because the best movies are often out on the undernet days before they premiere, and I think the logic is relative here.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.