Author Topic: Mistborn or Warbreaker Tabletop RPG groups?  (Read 1435 times)

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
Mistborn or Warbreaker Tabletop RPG groups?
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:37:46 AM »
I've been lurking in this forum for months now and finally gave in and signed up.

I've been considering starting a campaign in the worlds of Mistborn or Warbreaker with my group (our other game has stalled out because one of our players got shipped overseas).  I love the unique magic systems involved.

Does anyone have current campaigns in either of these worlds or using similar magic systems?  What base system do you use (AD&D, BESM, D20, GURPS, White Wolf, etc.)?

Any information is welcome!

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn or Warbreaker Tabletop RPG groups?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
Intriguing idea, but I think that the D&D d20 system lends itself to Mistborn better than GURPS (only two I play), but it really depends on your preference: D&D tries to make the numbers of everything as realistic as possible, but GURPS allows for better RPing, since it doesn't get bogged as badly. Either way, you're going to have to fabricate classes/powers from scratch for the most part (which isn't a problem for a good DM with time on their hands).
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn or Warbreaker Tabletop RPG groups?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »
Thanks for the input - I have the feeling that this is the beginning of a glorious collaboration!