Author Topic: MB1 Prologue Epigraph Thingy  (Read 9216 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: MB1 Prologue Epigraph Thingy
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 05:56:10 AM »
I went through all of the annotations and added all of the times Brandon mentions the epigraphs to Vintage's compilation. If anyone wants it, please just ask. I'll be happy to email it to you.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 07:17:50 AM »
Send a copy on to me plz? I just finished Vintage's compilation (thank you again! ^^) and I'd love to read the compiled annotations to them. Thank you in advance.

Is it just me, or has activity just totally tapered off lately? We're at like 4 or 5 posts a day now...
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »
Yes, I was noticing that activity is rather low these days....and it's the same 4 or five people who post each day too. I sent the logbook to you Avalon, if anyone else wants it, just ask.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 01:48:16 AM »
Don't worry. Activity is always very low here on week ends. Now that we are all equipped, maybe we can work ? What did you think of my thoughts on the previous page ? I had no reflexions at all... Working so hard and be ignore  :'( Not fair.

Ok Just go back and tear it apart  ;D

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 03:26:14 AM »
It's not even this weekend, though, its been all this week... Anyway, we're sorry Vintage, we've all been marveling over having a modicum of organization around here (I guess it takes a mom to organize a bunch of geeks with ADD, no matter the setting).

I like your theory (what of it I can currently understand), but I'm a wee unclear on what you meant with the blood part. I agree that whatever was bound before is what's loose now, nice catch with the similarity of the descriptions on that one.  One of the literary devices I've noticed Brandon uses a lot is that he'll have people use the same adjectives to describe stuff and leave clues that way.

Blegh.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »
In a lot of school, you have tests and exams (or whatever you may call it where you are) right now. Every student might just be studying hard (plus Chaos works as well) and concentrate on that. I don't worry. Especially since it seemed that before we got a few little things organize, we seemed not to get very far. They'll be back.

This is what I mean. In MB2, when Elend is attacked and wounded by the Mist Spirit, Brandon specifies that Elend's blood was flowing into the liquid metal lake and WAS NOT mixing. If he specified it, there must be a reason. Now, when the liquid got into Vin, it could not possibly just got in her or else she would have exploded. What I think is that it... what's the word... became one with her  whole being, therefore her blood and the metal mixed perfectly, even that the liquid metal became her very blood.

Now, when Alendi was in the same position, filled with awe with the power and looking at a future, Rashek should have been able to "surprise" him. Now, I am not saying that is what happened, only rambling. But, what would happen if Rashek would have killed Alendi right at this moment, when both blood and liquid metal are one ? Would that not be a perfect mix to create someone with a power so great and "natural" ? Otherwise, if you need a blood bath to be able to use hemalurgic power, would that not be the very best one ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:59:35 PM by Vintage »

Vambram

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My Multiply page
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »
Vambram, what you read is not the logbook but only my thoughts after rereading it as a whole. I had a lot of fun compiling it though and I am happy to be of help to anyone.
Thank you. :).. oh, and so far, I do agree with your thoughts and insights you wrote concerning the log entries.
Death is as Light as a Feather;
but Duty is as Heavy as a Mountain

Vambram

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My Multiply page
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »
I went through all of the annotations and added all of the times Brandon mentions the epigraphs to Vintage's compilation. If anyone wants it, please just ask. I'll be happy to email it to you.

I would love to have this emailed to me also, please.
Thank you. :)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:32 AM »
Your email is hidden, Vambram. I'll need that if I am to send it to you. I also have Vintage's version of kwaan's steel plate plus annotations if anyone is interested.

Vambram

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My Multiply page
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »
Thank you very much for the quick response to the pm, Andrew, and thank you very much for those files.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »
Happy to help, and if anyone else wants it, I do have it.  Anyway, I think it's about time we got back on topic. Vintage, I'm confused. Are you suggesting that Alendi actually entered the well before Rashek killed him? Or did I totally misinterpret that? I guess that kind of makes sense, but it makes more sense for Rashek to kill him before that. I think the whole thing about Alendi seeing the future if he releases the power is just referring to the fact that he knows what is supposed to happen and he's seen enough death and destruction to predict what will happen. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:34:00 AM by Andrew the Great »

Vambram

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My Multiply page
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »
I think the whole thing about Alendi seeing the future if he releases the power is just referring to the fact that he knows what is supposed to happen and he's seen enough death and destruction to product what will happen. Thoughts?

I agree. I think that is what Alendi was talking about. I doubt that he was truly seeing the future, but instead making a prediction based upon his fears and knowledge of what he has learned.

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 03:01:37 PM »
Yes, that is exactly what I suggest. We know from Kwaan's steel plate, that Rashek's action was a last hope and he didn't place to much trust in that. Alendi had already survived many attempts to his life. He was strong and you could not surprise him. He wasn't an easy target. I think that if Alendi had entered the Well, he could have "see" a future (I always say "a" future" because the choice is always presented as well eventhough you do not see the other future) and filled with the power, he would be distracted enough for Rashek to come near him. But as you say, it could be only that he could imagine it after all he's seen. Mind you, I'm not convinced at all.

Moreover, filled with the power like this, having his blood "modified" by the liquid metal, I believe a transfer of power could even have been stronger by virtue of the power of that blood. Excuse my english, I just don't really know how to say it. But do you understand what I'm thinking ?

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
I don't know, Vintage, I think Rashek killed Alendi before he absorbed the well's power.   He would not have waited that long to act.  Anyway, I would like a copy of your efforts, as well.  My email is on my profile.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
In that case, vintage, I think that what you are describing is plausible, but not likely. It seems to me that if Alendi were filled with the Well's power, he would have the mental capacity to see everything and still notice Rashek. Look at Vin's experience. From what I recall, at that point Vin is pretty much omniscient. She could see how exactly to "fix" Elend, and she really doesn't have the ideal viewpoint there either. I think it is more likely that Rashek just killed Alendi from behind as he was entering the cave. Or while he was sleeping the night before. It could be any number of things. I agree with Darx, he wouldn't have waited that long to kill Alendi. I do like the idea about the blood giving him extra power though.

Darx, I emailed you the files.