Author Topic: Derren Brown: Magician Psychologist and Whatnot  (Read 1484 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Derren Brown: Magician Psychologist and Whatnot
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »
Okay, so yesterday I was mucking around on the internet, and somehow stumbled onto a recreation of the Milgram experiment conducted by Derren Brown as part of a test for something he was pulling off to see if he could influence normal people into committing robbery without actually telling them to (part of "The Heist").  Long story short what I found was really cool, so I thought I'd share it.  Any comments or discussions?

I myself think I understand the paying with paper and asking for wallet bits, and I'm interested in trying them on my friends.  I think what's important with the paying with paper is distracting them and not allowing them to focus on what you're actually handing them, only that you're giving them something similar to bills.  As for the wallet bit I think the key lies with distracting them, handing them something and while keeping them distracted asking for their wallet, since  I postulate that mentally they only connect giving you back what they took from you, not something that actually belongs to them.  Anyway, that's my two bits.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.