4 (4.7%)
Gray Man
0 (0%)
Gholam
1 (1.2%)
Fade
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Wheel v. Mist  (Read 30968 times)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
Wheel v. Mist
« on: April 26, 2008, 05:31:38 AM »
Now that Brandon is writing A Memory of Light, I was wondering which of those groups people liked best and why. I think it'd be interesting to see how the groups stack up against each other.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel v. Mist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:44:39 AM »
Gotta be a channeler. It would be cool to be a mistborn, but you can only do so much with allomancy. You can do ANYTHING with the one power if you can find the right weave. Besides, it'd be easy for a channeler to kick a mistborn's trash. Just hold him still with air and balefire the heck out of him/her.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Vambram

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My Multiply page
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »
Gotta be a channeler. It would be cool to be a mistborn, but you can only do so much with allomancy. You can do ANYTHING with the one power if you can find the right weave. Besides, it'd be easy for a channeler to kick a mistborn's trash. Just hold him still with air and balefire the heck out of him/her.

QFT
Death is as Light as a Feather;
but Duty is as Heavy as a Mountain

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 05:07:41 AM »
honestly i haven't read the wheel of time stuff, so my options were limited, but i chose keeper. sazeds fights at the end of Mistborn 2 were just flippin awesome
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 02:18:54 AM »
AvalonDreamer, you should add inquisitors to the poll. They are arguably similar to mistborn, true, but there are enough differences to warrant it, I think.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:42:58 AM »
i think that you should add elantrians and awakeners to the list.  they're  not mistborn or WOT, but it's still sanderson stuff and they're pretty cool as well
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
i think that you should add elantrians and awakeners to the list.  they're  not mistborn or WOT, but it's still sanderson stuff and they're pretty cool as well

Don't forget Rithmatists  ;)
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »
And while we're at it I think you should trow in the endowed from The Runelords, just to mix things up.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 03:46:28 AM »

A lot of people may not fully know what those are, so it might not work to have them unless you explain, and you can't really explain they're full coolness unless you let them read about them...
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

A lot of people may not fully know what those are, so it might not work to have them unless you explain, and you can't really explain they're full coolness unless you let them read about them...

True. Yeah, I don't want to explain it to anyone. They'll find out who they are when it's too late and no one can hear them scream. Muwahaha!
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »
Channeler - they have much more organized societies.  Although, I have to admit that a Mistcloak sounds cooler than an Aes Sedai shawl.  But what keeps the ribbons from getting tangled?  Are they some synthetic fabric?
He ate my horse.

cloversprite

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Boundless
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »
Misborn.  Less powerful, but it makes up for it in subtlety and just plain normalcy.  The subtlety is a big thing for me though...if  had that much power, I wouldn't want it to be as obvious as it is for channelers. 

Aes Sedai/channelers are cool, but they live too long for my taste and they are just plain snooty :P 
I could not love thee, dear, so much
loved I not honor more.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »
Aes Sedai can be subtle and can seem normal - the Two Rivers people had no idea what Moiraine was till the Trolloc battle.  Their power doesn't need to be obvious until they're using it in obvious ways - just as Mistborn powers are obvious sometimes.  It's pretty dramatic when Vin flies through the air like an arrow, or tosses armed men around.
He ate my horse.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »
Misborn.  Less powerful, but it makes up for it in subtlety and just plain normalcy.  The subtlety is a big thing for me though...if  had that much power, I wouldn't want it to be as obvious as it is for channelers. 

Aes Sedai/channelers are cool, but they live too long for my taste and they are just plain snooty :P 

I'm having difficulty understanding how burning metals inside your stomach to manipulate metals and people around you is normal......

So what if you were a mistborn and channeler? That would be pretty much amazing!

Isix

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:14 AM »
So I have not read the wheel of time series. Is it good? Right now I am finishing up the Drizzt series while waiting on mb3, but the WOT series seems like it may be interesting, I may have to give it a shot.
Confront you enemies, avoid them when you can. A gentleman will walk but never run.