Author Topic: Mistborn 3 Description on Amazon! *Potential Spoilers*  (Read 1845 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Mistborn 3 Description on Amazon! *Potential Spoilers*
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:47:30 AM »
(Spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished MB2 yet, at least)

I just happened to be glancing at the Hero of Ages page on Amazon today, and the description of it is up! This has to be pretty new, because a few weeks ago, I know it wasn't there.

It's not much, but in lieu of the final thing or sample chapters, I'll take it:

Who is the Hero of Ages?

To end the Final Empire and restore freedom, Vin killed the Lord Ruler. But as a result, the Deepness---the lethal form of the ubiquitous mists---is back, along with increasingly heavy ashfalls and ever more powerful earthquakes. Humanity appears to be doomed.

Having escaped death at the climax of The Well of Ascension only by becoming a Mistborn himself, Emperor Elend Venture hopes to find clues left behind by the Lord Ruler that will allow him to save the world. Vin is consumed with guilt at having been tricked into releasing the mystic force known as Ruin from the Well. Ruin wants to end the world, and its near omniscience and ability to warp reality make stopping it seem impossible. She can’t even discuss it with Elend lest Ruin learn their plans!

The conclusion of the Mistborn trilogy fulfills all the promise of the first two books. Revelations abound, connections rooted in early chapters of the series click into place, and surprises, as satisfying as they are stunning, blossom like fireworks to dazzle and delight. It all leads up to a finale unmatched for originality and audacity that will leave readers rubbing their eyes in wonder, as if awaking from an amazing dream.

I have this enormous grin after reading that! I am so excited for MB3! If EUOL reads this thread, when do you think any sample chapters would be released?

Amazon.com Hero of Ages link.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:52:50 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn 3 Description on Amazon! *Potential Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:10:53 AM »
Oh dear. That last paragraph is rather hyperbolic. It says that's the "Product Description"...are those words the opinion of an Amazon staffer who read the book? I hope it's not official Tor marketing copy.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »
Yeah, it just screams fanboy, doesn't it?
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
On a humoristic thought... the author of the hate mail might revise his/her opinion...  ;D Afterall, it promises all answers and all conclusions, right ?

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
Maybe it's the same guy, and he has multiple personality disorder, like Herschell Walker.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
Maybe I could bribe him. I could make him angry, changing him into his anti-Brandon mode, then coerce him to give me MB3 which he got as his Amazon-employee, pro-Brandon mode.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »
<Gives Ookla a 'high-five'>

You read my mind.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/