Author Topic: Mistborn 3 Plot Points *Spoilers*  (Read 9799 times)

TyranAmiros

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn 3 Plot Points *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 06:53:54 AM »
I think it depends how the "millenial" cycle works.  If every thousand years the Well fills and gives Ruin a chance to influence the world and free itself, assuming Ruin is immortal, all it needs to do is wait and build.  One cycle it creates a prophesy, another it creates the Deepness, another it alters the prophesy.  Ruin could have created the prophesy 1,000 years before Kwaan/Alendi/Rashek/et al, knowing that it would be disregarded in the first cycle, but powerful in the next cycle.  Then precisely because of how Kwaan stopped Alendi, it guaranteed that only vague memories of what actually happened remained, and Ruin found itself able to manipulate a little more--enough to convince Vin to do what she did.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:58:18 AM by TyranAmiros »

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 04:27:29 AM »
About what is said on the jacket tag, where does it say the mist spirit is linked to Ruin, I thought I knew what you meant, but you said that it described the mist spirit being related to ruin, but I didn't see anything that indicated this, only that Ruin is linked to the mists.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

TyranAmiros

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 01:31:11 AM »
Yeah, I got a little caught up in what I was saying.  We know something in or about the mists is killing people.  I assumed it was somehow related to mist spirit.  We don't know if that's true or not.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 02:09:58 AM »
Though the mist spirit denies any involvement in the slayings, when Sazed asks it.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 02:56:07 AM »
hmm...something interesting here. There are two possibilities:
-either the mist spirit lied, which i think is unlikely,
-or there is more than one type of mist.

After all, we know that sometimes the mist kills, sometimes it attacks without killing, and sometimes it does nothing. We also see that the mist spirit is actively seeking to prevent ruin from escaping. Also the kandra/mistwraiths are "of" preservation....whether they might be related to the mist spirit is yet to be seen.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 10:27:11 PM »
You guys should read the mist topic, sorry I'm not good with links it should be on this page or the next one, or somewhere around there, and we've delved a lot int othe mists strange duality, we've also done this in the ruin in preservation thread as well, so try them out!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »
The link to The Mists thread.

It's on the second page of the forum. There are certainly a lot of different topics here, so pretty important threads get lost in the shuffle.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:06 AM »
hmm i tend to derail threads a lot don't I  :-\ Anyway it was my understanding that this one is a sort of collection of everything that needs to be resolved in MB3?
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 03:35:19 AM »
Or that we think might be tied up, yes. :)