Author Topic: MB1 ? about Lord Ruler **** Major Spoiler****  (Read 10154 times)

Vintage

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: MB1 ? about Lord Ruler **** Major Spoiler****
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 02:00:23 AM »
I don't want to hold on particularly to that point, Chaos, but I never said that TLR would procreate intentionnally. He could have had some... fun... with a young lady and ask a man he thought he could trust to kill her. That someone being the man, I don't remember  (my most used phrase) which title he had, could have fallen for that same young lady and found himself unable to obey TLR order's. But I agree. We shouldn't use so much the prophecy to make sense of things... so... Let me think about something different while I reread both Mistborn again.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 02:11:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure if the lord ruler wanted to have fun he would clean up his own messes, or send an inquisitor.  Als0, I don't think the lord ruler would want to have fun.  First of all, I doubt he would find anyone who is not terris unworthy of him (it says he thinks they should be dominant) and since he's put them all in breeding programs, also I think the lrod ruler would be bored with that sort of thing.  He's such a powerful soother and rioter that if he wanted too he could get any woman he wanted using a combination.  And he's been alive for 1000 years, and he expects to live forever, so he'd outlive any fling anyway, I think after 1000 years he'd probably be bored with just about everything, but that's just me.  Like Vin said, the lrod ruler sounded, tired when he talked.  He's seen and done it all.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »
I agree that he would have used an Inquisitor or taken care of it himself.  The woman would never leave Kredik Shaw alive.  I also agree that, as a God, he would feel like he is above things like that.  His absolutepower was what got him off.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:46 PM »
The original character from Final Empire Prime that the Lord Ruler was based on was a man who was haunted by grief over the suicide of his love a thousand before (or was it just hundreds?). I don't know if Rashek ever had any kind of love life, though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 11:16:37 PM »
The way Alendi describes him, or the tone it sets, seems to indicate not, at least for me, feel free to interpret things differently.  When he says that the women of the court would have found Rashek handsome, it come off to me as if Rashek would not be the type to appreciate those attractions, and not just because the women Alendi is referring to are of Khlennium.  He seems to be the type who disproves of such things, and his extreme hate of other nations would probably make him difficult to live with.  This is all speculation of course, but that's how Rashek's character came off too me. 
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
I felt the same way.  He was so self-righteous sounding even then.  I have to ask a question: I have a theory, but it could really mess with some people.  Should I post it anyway?  It is directly related to this topic.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »
Go ahead Darxbane. I myself have a few theories as well related to this topic and I would not even be the least surprise if they don't cross with your future mess. Comatose made me think of something so strange, as well... I just wonder how come it did not come out yet !

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »
Well, I'm waiting, share your theories already!  Don't worry, I can take it.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier