Author Topic: Jewlery!  (Read 4021 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Jewlery!
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:47:32 AM »
I was checking this site out because I knew they had wheel of time jewlery (actually, I was checking the spelling) and found this great little link that said "Get jewlery for the man who's going to finish the series".  I clicked, and found some great pieces!

http://www.badalijewelry.com/elantris.htm

Now it's just a matter of getting the money.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Jewlery!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »
Indeed!  Bedali has done an excellent job with these pieces, and I'm very pleased. We'll actually be selling them through my own website here starting in a week or so, and I intend to do previews of each Aon with a longer explanation of each one, its meaning, and the things it can do in AonDor.  So, keep a watch on the blog, it might help you decide which one you'd be interested in getting!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:29:16 AM »
Is there anything like this for the Mistborn series? (or perhaps something in the works?).

I'd love to buy some coins with the metal symbols on them or something similiar.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:59 AM »
Oooh. Sweet! Now I know what to ask for on my birthday next month. ;) I wish they had earrings too. I wear earrings more often. Still, this is an unexpected surprise.

EUOL, how did this come about? Did someone at Bedali approach you or Joshua?

I too would love to see some Mistborn jewelry. A "boxing" earring/necklace set would be excellent. *wink, wink*
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
They approached us, actually.  The company is in Salt Lake, and a member was in a book club that read ELANTRIS.  They invited me to come visit the book club when they read the book, and she mentioned her jewelry company.  A year later, here we are!

I am going to start previews on these this week on my website, and so if you've been waiting to order until you can get them directly from me, we'll be launching very soon. 

Badali is a great company, and I've been very pleased with the association we've had with them.  They are interested in doing MISTBORN works too, but whether or not we do that will depend on how well the ELANTRIS ones sell.  (hint hint)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »
sweet!  I didn't realize they were based out of utah.  Do they have a brick and mortor store those from around there could go into?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »
We're starting to add each pendent to the BS Store as the rest should be up by tomorrow.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/store/4/Jewelry

I think the system EUOL and I came up with should allow for easier viewing of the different colors and metal types then what Badali has.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
The color switching thing you've worked up is really convenient!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
I think the system EUOL and I came up with should allow for easier viewing of the different colors and metal types then what Badali has.
Yay for that! It's really frustrating how they have that now. You barely get a look at the color before it morphs into another.

But the main problem is this: too many awesome ones to chose from!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »
I really like this idea and want to buy some but I'm not sure how "manly" they are...

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
I'm sure they're perfectly manly, Phaz. Raoden would wear one!

This is just the coolest thing ever! I can tell I'm going to spend forever dithering over which one to get....
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
Wow, I'm not usually into the idea of things made based upon books, but some of those are actually pretty cool.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 01:43:07 AM »
For those that have been asking I beleive they're around an inch in width (for the largest one), I never held one so I'm probably off by a little.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 06:38:09 AM »
Wow. I've always wanted a pendant sort of thing to wear, and since Brandon is officially my favorite author, I think I'm going to buy one! All of them look simply incredible. Badali has done some great work!

Rao and Ien appear to be my favorites at the moment.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Masuri

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »
I absolutely love the Ene pendant.  I got mine with peacock enamel.   That's a truly lovely color that looks like it flatters the silver quite nicely. 

Thanks!