Poll

What is the most surprising twist of the story thus far?

Kelsier's sacrifice
2 (7.4%)
The Kandra double-agent
6 (22.2%)
Marsh's return
5 (18.5%)
The Prophecy betrayed
10 (37%)
Elend's new talent
3 (11.1%)
The Lord Ruler's Identity
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: ***Spoilers*** Poll Question***Spoilers***  (Read 9798 times)

Plasman

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ***Spoilers*** Poll Question***Spoilers***
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 07:19:12 AM »
i have to say that i actually saw the reappearance of Marsh coming a mile away, and the forshadowing was indeed there.  in the beginning where Sazed wakes up to find Marsh missing, i knew from then on he was going to reappear at some point later on in the book at an "unexpected" time. then at some point in the book, i'm not sure exactly where off the top of my head, Elend is dealing with the problems of the city and one of his assistants informs him of a lone Inquisitor lurking around Kredik Shaw. of course, it was Marsh.
after that when Vin finished fighting the koloss at the gate and went to the top of Kredik shaw to look over the burning city i honestly half expected Marsh to show up and for there to be a battle between them two.
I have to say the 3 best twists (there are so many it's hard to choose) would be the LR's identity, the revealing of the kandra spy, and the prophesy.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ***Spoilers*** Poll Question***Spoilers***
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:30 AM »
i have to say that i actually saw the reappearance of Marsh coming a mile away, and the forshadowing was indeed there.  in the beginning where Sazed wakes up to find Marsh missing, i knew from then on he was going to reappear at some point later on in the book at an "unexpected" time.

The reappearance of Marsh is from MB1 not MB2.  If you recall everyone thought Marsh was discovered and tortured to death for the information on the crew and its plans.  Then he pops up in Kredik Shaw as a Steel Inquisitor and pulls out the connection spike from the other SIs.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-