Author Topic: Brandon mentioned by Robin McKinley  (Read 2061 times)

RedAragorn

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • mmmmm...chicken
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Words
Brandon mentioned by Robin McKinley
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »
I have to admit that my sister forwarded me the link, and she doesn't get his name right, but did anyone else catch Brandon's mention on Robin McKinley's blog?

http://robinmckinley.livejournal.com/59882.html

"In the YA department, I recently read Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, but Brian Sanderson. I really don't know how to desribe it other than hilarious and wonderful. If you haven't read it, go read it now. You won't be disappointed. "

Any news is good news, right?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon mentioned by Robin McKinley
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »
Huh. She seems to be quoting someone, but I'm not sure who.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »
She's quoting people who've left her comments on her blog. Other people mentioned Mistborn and Elantris, too. (She recently asked people to recommend good books they've read, then she copied and pasted a lot of the responses into an actual post.)

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »
That's good.  Should someone mention to her that she got Brandon's name wrong?  I'm sure she'll correct it.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »
Aw, too bad it wasn't Robin herself.  Maybe I should email her and mention that The Blue Sword is an old favorite of both myself and my wife.  Actually, Pemberly required that I read it through again before our wedding, just to make sure.  ;)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 09:28:09 AM »
That book is awesome.  Have you guys read "The Hero and the Crown"?  It's what-her-bucket red head's story.  Though my long standing favorite by her would definatly have to be "Beauty".  I actually went throug this huge effort to get the old cover because I hate all the new ones.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"