Author Topic: review: Eclipse  (Read 3023 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
review: Eclipse
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:31:35 PM »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: review: Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 04:09:31 PM »
My main problem with this book had to do with Bella's view of her relationship with Jacob.  No bigamy allowed!
If I had any clue, would I be here?

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Twilight discussion... I know, I'm late to the bandwagon...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 05:39:41 AM »
Alright, so I just finished the third one, Eclipse and I have a few things to say.

BTW--- ***SPOILERS***

1) I almost liked the first one by itself,
why? because I'm not really into love triangles, someone's always getting hurt and that just kills me.

2) Is it only me or was anyone else totally peeved at Edward in Book 2? He was a complete jerk! I really was disappointed with him and when she ran off after him, I was even more annoyed. He went down a rung, for me, after that.

3) I almost think I like Jake more! Maybe I can identify with loving a man like that, someone down to earth and safe...

4) Everyone kept telling me how mad they were about the kiss between Bella and Jake, but I liked it... it made me happy.

5) And I'm not so sure how I feel about her becoming a vampire. If she does, though, I sure would like to read about the process a little, I don't like stories where you're waiting for something to happen that only does at the very very end... it reminds me of tv shows like Gilligan's Island, or Earth 2 where you're waiting for something to happen the entire series that never fully develops.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Jake gets something good out of all of this, cause I'm really feeling for him right now.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 06:46:53 PM »
Oh, thanks for moving that, I looked for a topic to stick it in, but couldn't find it....

I would have been happy with her loving Edward alone but it tears me up to see both of them loving her. So sad! I hope Jake finds someone to imprint so he can move on and everyone will be happy. ;)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
My problem is that I can't figure out why they love her. Bella is whiney and annoying.

Edward is TOO perfect. What guy is like that? Makes me mistrust the story. That and he chuckles too much. Annoys me.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:28 AM »
lol. Yeah I can see that, when she popped in the "protecting Edwards virtue" part in Eclipse... I rolled my eyes. Now, I don't have a problem with that at all, but he's what, 100 years old, he's a killer, he's a wanderer, he's a ladies man and he's never had sex?! That just didn't fit for me, and Bella just glazes over it. I don't know, I thought that was a bit off. IMHO.

I'm still hung up on the Bella becoming a Vampire thing too, what's that gonna do to the relationship?

BUT I do really like the books. :)

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »
So.. in my mind's spare time... I've come up with a theory for what the 4th book is about.

1)I think the Denali coven is going to be a part of this book because they want to destroy the 'pack' for what happened to Laurent.

2) I think that the chick from the Denali coven (what's her name?) is gonna become a 'threat' to Edward and Bella's happiness.

So what do you think?

I also think that the Volturi are gonna play a part (obviously) but I'm thinking these two things are gonna happen first.

I sure hope that Edward and Bella get married first though, I can't stand stories where they are gonna get married then something happens then they aren't so sure anymore then another love interest shows up.... yada yada... that bugs me. Like in Pirates.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
obviously bella and jake are gonna get married.
jk ive never even read the books.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!