Author Topic: Finally read mistborn  (Read 2310 times)

johnterline

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Finally read mistborn
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:31:25 AM »
I just finished Mistborn, and man it was awesome. I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick it up sooner, I've almost bought this book several times and I'm really glad I finally did. It's been awhile since I've read a book I was this excited about. The action was great and the allomancy fight scenes were some of the best fight scenes I think I've ever read. I'll be picturing the fight between Kelsier and the Inquisitor for days to come. Thank you, Mr. Sanderson you write a damn fine story.

Craysh

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: Finally read mistborn
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
Wait till you read The Well of Ascension :D

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:24:51 PM »
And then The Heros of the Ages after that.

kr0ssf1re

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
hey everyone, first post.
By far my favorite part from mistborn one with the fight between kelsier and the inquisitor is when the inquisitor threw the cage at kelsier and he jumped in it and rode it until it stopped.  And then the inquisitor like nods to him in respect.
So ballin.
Honestly Brandon your writing is amazing.  It is a terrible thing that RJ is gone but I have no worries whatsoever with you writing AMoL.
Cheers

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »
I just read Mistborn to, and it was fantastic! I ordered book 2 right away! :) Beeing a Robert Jordan fan I feel book 12 is in good hands.

"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

GoodGrief

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
Allomancy is one of the best magic systems I've ever read. I think what makes it so good is that it is so physical. No 'silent battle of wills' in sight. You can see the actions and see what the stakes are. You can follow what's happening. And it creates awesome imagery.

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »
My favorite fight scene in Mistborn is the one between Vin and Shan. I love people getting shocked by an opponents power.
However, I did smile when the inquisitor nodded to Kelsier in respect after he did the whole... matrix-esque cage dodge. Though, I'm going to refrain from bescribing the scene as "Ballin"
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)