Author Topic: Question about Zane at the end of tWoA [spoilers]  (Read 5313 times)

Craysh

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Question about Zane at the end of tWoA [spoilers]
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:02:42 PM »
Is Zane really dead? Here are my thoughts:
1) WAAAAAY too good of a protagonist to get rid of in the second book
2) He has a spike. Spiked people aren't that easy to kill
3) Where did the body go?

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Zane at the end of tWoA [spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:08:41 PM »
I assumed he was dead--but I was more upset about that than Kelsier's death.  So, it would be awesome if he wasn't really dead--but something about that last scene seemed--so final for him.  I'll have to go home and reread it now.  :)

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
Sadly I will assume for the moment he is dead. The body thing is easly dismissable, as Vin kills people all the time and they never BranSand never tells us where they go. In fact if they did tell us what happened to the body I might be suspicious (Sp?).

You are right however that Zane was one of the best antaganist I've seen in a very long time. The insane twist (yes he really wasn't insane) was awesome, and I'm thinking about using it for one of my RP characters in the future. I'm sure we will here more about him the future but in a looking back type seen, you know descusing what is youth was like.

Of course I could be completely wrong and his pewter inhanced self crawled to the nearest medavac centers.

Craysh

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Sadly I will assume for the moment he is dead. The body thing is easly dismissable, as Vin kills people all the time and they never BranSand never tells us where they go. In fact if they did tell us what happened to the body I might be suspicious (Sp?).

Didn't they say that the body was gone and that Vin assumed that the Kandra took care of it?

Iahawki99

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:01:32 AM »
Hi. First time poster here. I thought Zane was carrying a bag full of Atium beads when he "died". Am I mistaken on this? Might have been a good thing for Vin if she had searched his body before he disappeared. That is generally what I tell my wife when we run into any Mistborn anyways. "Always go through the pockets after you've killed them" lol. Personally I don't think he is dead, probably because I liked his character a great deal lol.

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:41:00 AM »
Hi. First time poster here. I thought Zane was carrying a bag full of Atium beads when he "died". Am I mistaken on this? Might have been a good thing for Vin if she had searched his body before he disappeared. That is generally what I tell my wife when we run into any Mistborn anyways. "Always go through the pockets after you've killed them" lol. Personally I don't think he is dead, probably because I liked his character a great deal lol.

I believe just before his final encounter with Vin, there is a part about him burying the bag of atium just outside of the camp somewhere.

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
That is generally what I tell my wife when we run into any Mistborn anyways. "Always go through the pockets after you've killed them" lol. Personally I don't think he is dead, probably because I liked his character a great deal lol.

Sadly, I think he is dead, that poor crazy cutie~.  ???

(ever so in mourning).

:'(

Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »
That is generally what I tell my wife when we run into any Mistborn anyways. "Always go through the pockets after you've killed them" lol. Personally I don't think he is dead, probably because I liked his character a great deal lol.

(ever so in mourning).

Ditto.... Zane rocked my socks.  :'( (I love it when I can love the bad guy.)
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 02:56:45 AM »
I hate spoilers as much as Brandon does, but I don't consider this a spoiler since it really isn't part of the third book.

Yes, Zane is dead.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »

(ever so in mourning).

Ditto.... Zane rocked my socks.  :'( (I love it when I can love the bad guy.)

I know, he was like... The Evil-Crazy-Person you want to take home with you to give all of the hugs he clearly was lacking growing up!

I miss him so... no other antagonist has quite made me have that much of a desire to bake cookies with them...   :'(
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 09:31:55 PM »
I vote we start an official Zane fan club. We can bake cookies and talk about what we like best about him.  ;D

Iahawki99

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:18 PM »
Maybe we could call ourselves, "The Zaniacs" or "The Zane Gang" orsomething. Just spitballing some Fan Club names here.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »
Oooh, both of those are good names.... Somehow Zaniacs seems more appropriate, if you know what I mean....

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 04:13:17 AM »
He was very cool and all, but his heart sick self monalouge(Sp?) got out of hand every once and a while. How can some one with so much power be just so emotionally powerless. Kinda ironic if you ask me.

((off the subject though, I would have to say I really want to see a coinshot in the next book that has a Keslier personality. Testing his powers when ever he can. Man I loved that guy.))

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »
Oh! I totally agree~!
'Zaniacs' is soooooooo the best fan-club name ever!  ;)

HIGH FIVE~!

;D