Author Topic: Attention Photoshoppers: Help request  (Read 7775 times)

Daarian

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Photoshoppers: Help request
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
Like This?

""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »
Yeah, I just sent a tileable version of mine to Spriggan actually~!

Completely forgot to do that until he mentioned it!

except mine has the dark bits cetralised and whatnot.

Yeah, sorry I tend to do most of my stuff for eventual print application rather than web so it just absolutely slipped my mind initially...

Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
ya I got that, thanks, but I haven't had time to look at it tiled yet.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:38:50 PM »
Yeah.. I'm not real crazy about the dark angled lines. When I make a tillable background I don't want it to make patterns so my instinct would have been to Cut the center block out of that tillable image and then use that.. same basic texture without the pattern creation caused by those dark angled lines. But that is just me.

Nice job on that texture by the way, White.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »
Eh, it was just the first thing I threw together, I did mention being willing to make any adjustments/changes desireable.

The reversed way I did it more give an idea of looking into an open book with some shadowing at the page join which I didn't really mind personally.

Although admittedly being a design/illustration person I do like a little more spicy detailing or character in things, even if it's just a texture I'm into visual detail in a big way.

Might still be a little overwhelming though I guess if they're really small tiles, I'll go an do some fiddlign around on another tile-able version just in case....
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:09 PM »
okay, sorry to double post

http://white-tean.deviantart.com/art/aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh-76751142

have uploaded an unobnoxious verson which tiles in an un-maddening way when tested on my computer's BG.

Now basically the link shows you a "preview" image but you can't zoom in to see it because it's tucked away in my scraps sub-gallery so basically just click on the "download" icon to open it up or just right click and save target it to save time.

Sorry it took this long to work out a nice, good tile-ey one~!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »
Wow that looks really good White.

Thanks.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Very nice... amazingly huge... I guess I just work in way to small of an image.. the bad habits of designing web backgrounds on a small comp when I was learning.

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:22 AM »
Yeah, I'm the opposite I do my stuff for print and whatnot so it started off HUUUUUUUUGE (and at 300dpi) so I mean, this was like a massive downscaling to the 72dpi.

And yeah, at any one time I always have at least one behemoth near-200Mb working pieces lurking around on my hard drive... Which means my computer is sooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow all the time. (and that's *with* a dirty great big external hardrive).

Hehe, I guess we all retain habits from how we grow up computing. Personally, I'm sure I'll always need a fridge right by the computer even if I get an office one day because my computer lives in the kitchen (which, while very un-private, does have very nice perks  ;D ).