Author Topic: 15th/16th metal (dont read if you havent finished MB2)  (Read 11239 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: 15th/16th metal (dont read if you havent finished MB2)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »
atium is made up, so it would be highly impossible for any of us to tell what it is alloyed with.  I had another little brain burst, about the mists benig gaseous metal on the Ruin/Preservation thread.  I for one still think it's water vapour, but if it was metal it could be the compliment to the metal elend ate: one creates allomancy, the other strengthens it.  Vin does say, she "burned the mists like metal," or something like that.  Just a thought though, so tell me what you think.  There's more detail on the other thread if you want to check it out.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Shost

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 05:24:18 AM »
i figure the compliment to what elend ate would take away the powers of a mistborn. besides duralumin already strengthens allomancy. and in all honesty i think the mists are water vapour too. but it's still fun to hypothesize...

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »
The great thing about fiction is that you can adjust the rules in special cases without breaking them, especially when there is precedence.  As an example, Atium let's you see a couple of seconds into the future, but Malatium lets you see into the distant past.  It is an opposite, but not an exact opposite.  Therefore, the opposing metal (or alloy) to the one Elend takes could temporarily remove your abilities, take them away completely,  or remove some abilities.  It can be anything the EUOLman wants, really.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
And Duralumin doesn't really strengthen allomancy, it just uses the same amount of power in a short amount of time.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 02:20:51 AM »
Cool addition but the thread was 3 years old. Would have better luck starting a new thread probably.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

socom-delta

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 02:39:44 AM »
Cool addition but the thread was 3 years old. Would have better luck starting a new thread probably.

I wouldn't mind doing that. I thought it best to look for an existing thread and use that, rather than create a new one. But, I'll take your suggestion.

-edit, for the confused:

I removed two posts I made in this thread, and started a new thread.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:44:39 AM by socom-delta »