Author Topic: Favorite Scene **could at some point contain major spoilers**  (Read 5056 times)

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
Re: Favorite Scene **could at some point contain major spoilers**
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
When Vin fools the atium is definitely a really great part.

And when Vin goes into Kredik Shaw and finds the inquisitors and the Lord Ruler.

The most squicky part was when her earing gets ripped out of her ear. Made me squick, definitely.

I didn't like crazy guy in WOA right from the beginning. *Spoiler*

And when he dies, and the voice says you're not crazy.

Can't wait to figure that out.
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
^ I can't wait to figure that out either... but I actually liked Zane's character. He was not at all what I expected and I love being surprised. I never knew what he was going to do... I was actually bummed when Vin killed him, even though that scene was superb. Definitely one of my favorites.

I also liked the scene in Well of Ascension when Elend went to the koloss camp and threated Jastes... that was just cool.

And when Vin and Elend get married... I didn't see that coming either, but it was perfect.

In the first book... gosh... so many good moments. I liked the imagery of Vin's first ball. And the first time Kelsier took her out and asked her to step off the city wall.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 06:25:02 AM »
Just finished Elantris, and my favorite scene is where Raodan jumps out of the pool and runs his heart out drawing that line to Kae.  There is something about that scene that just touches the imagination.  You gotta love the courage and the drive.
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
^^ ditto. That is by far my favorite scene in Elantris. I think of that often. Especially since I hadn't put it all together yet, I knew the earthquake must be involved or he wouldn't keep mentioning it but when he starts dragging that piece of wood it was like a light turning on! *with the little angels going awhhhhhhh*

The other part that I think about all the time is when he stubs his toe and the pain doesn't go away, every time I stub my toe now I think of that.

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
The other part that I think about all the time is when he stubs his toe and the pain doesn't go away, every time I stub my toe now I think of that.

I understood this part all to well as by the time I read Elantris I was sitting around with two pins in my toe after having it broken at work in an accident. Still waiting for the pins to come out and its been almost 3 months now.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 04:40:24 AM »
I understood this part all to well as by the time I read Elantris I was sitting around with two pins in my toe after having it broken at work in an accident. Still waiting for the pins to come out and its been almost 3 months now.

Ouch!  That's got to really stink....
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »
Its not as bad as when it first happened but I am ready to get the pins out and get back to moving my toes like normal again.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 05:49:26 AM »
Mine is when Vin fights Shan or possibly in the Well of Ascention where she attacks Cett.
I mean Kelsier's action scenes were cool, but Vin's really drew me in.

-- I don't usually choose favorite scenes, I stick to favorite quotes.
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
I also like the part where Elend says "I think I could kiss you." Very nicely done EUOL.  ;)

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »
Oh yea! I like that too!
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Ratlord12

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
Favorite BS scene: When Vin is burning pewter at some point (I'm awful at remembering specific timelines) while running with a horse and the horse is basically thinking "Damn, this scrawny little human chick is outracing me."