Games > Table-Top Games

Anybody Here Played Diplomacy?

(1/2) > >>

Firemeboy:
Has anybody here ever played the classic board game, Diplomacy?  I've never played it in person, and don't think I would much care for it, but online it's an absolutely fabulous game.  I was wondering if there would be any interest in playing one here on timewasters?  I'd volunteer to moderate the game in hopes that somebody else would return the favor so I could play at a future date.

For those that haven't played the game, it's quite easy to learn.  There is a great little program you can download that helps you learn the rules.  What usually happens is you do your diplomating for 4-7 days, and then send the moderator your orders.  I resolve the orders and send out a new map.  Then it starts all over.  The game takes very little time (maybe an hour spread out over a week, and it's mostly replying to a few e-mails), and the game itself can last several months.

Anyway, if there is any interest, let me know.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
bwahahahaha
I think I disqualified myself last time we played a TWG game of Diplomacy. Nobody liked it that Ent, JP, and I planned together and actually TRUSTED each other

Firemeboy:
That's a legitimate strategy, and one that works better than people think.  :)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
oh, we were very very very deceitful too
Jam even took my capital for long enough for it to actually hurt my production, right when people started thinking we were coordinating. Ent constantly moved hist troops against Jam but never used them effectively.
We sent many emails telling people that we were scared of the other guys position and needed help.

They swallowed every bit of it hook, line, and sinker.

Firemeboy:
Sounds like a very fun game.  :)  Was it played here on the board?  You don't have a record of it, do you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version